Calum

I sat in class just spacing out. Mikey was saying something to Luke but I wasn't paying attention. I heard the bell as our class left. I stood up in a daze walking out of the room. I never even saw Jess walk up with Becca. "Hey babe."

Her voice broke my thoughts as I slung my arm around her shoulder pulling her close "Hey love." I smiled at her before kissing her forehead as we leaned against the lockers "You alright love?" She asked sounding a bit worried. She knew about my thoughts and my silence. This one was hard to deal with. I kept thinking about my parents and how they abandoned me. I was happy that Ashton and Becca took me in. But why would they just abandon me. "Yeah just thinking about my parents love." She stiffened a little but relaxed wrapping her arms around my waist.

We stood there as everybody left for the day. I held her close feeling myself calm down from my thoughts. All I thought about was her. She was the light at the dark tunnel. She always knew how to relax me "I'm sorry babe." I heard her whisper against my chest. I moved my hand tilting her head up to look at me "Its okay babe." I leaned down kissing her lips softly before pulling away. "Lets go to my house we can just hang out if you want." She took my hand leading us to her car.

"How about we go out tonight?" I asked now sitting in her beetle. Yes my girlfriend just had to a Volkswagen beetle or bug. It was cute for her but I wish she got the audi instead. We headed out of the parking lot "Where do you want to go tonight?" Jess asked driving to her house. She turned down her street then parking in her driveway. "Well how about dinner then we go and see fireworks?" I smiled looking over at her.

We got out noticing the other cars here. Danielle, Luke, and Liam were all here talking to Michael. We walked in saying hi to everybody before heading up to Jessicas room. I followed her upstairs heading to her door then walking to the bed plopping down. We put in a movie to past the time before we went out tonight. I cuddled up behind her rubbing her arm gently while the movie started.

"Come on babe. We have to go." I called up the stairs it was cold tonight so I grabbed one of Mikeys hoodies. He wouldn't mind. I fixed my beanie before hearing Jess come down "Well you look warm and beautiful." I knew that wouls make her blush. Her cheeks went a light pink as she fixed her beanie and hoodie. "Ready now? Since we missed dinner." I laughed taking her hand and walking out.

"Sorry but I had to look good Calum." She teased kissing my cheek. I just laughed driving to the pier. I found a spot to park turning the car off and getting out. I wrapped my around her waist heading out the pier and taking a seat on one of the benches, we sat there just looking at the stars. "We can go get ice cream after this?" I broke the silence holding her hands in mine. They were cold from the light breeze. I pulled her closer as the first firework blew off.

We sat there watching them go one after another before the finale. I looked over seeing Jessicas face light up. She looked so happy. She turned facing me and I leaned forward kissing her softly but then pulling her closer deepening the kiss. We both pulled away breathless smiling at each other "I love you." We said at the same time. I kissed her again before we headed to go get ice cream. Tonight was amazing. We didn't talk much about my parents but only because I wasn't ready. I talked to my counselor and jessica about it. But today I wanted it to be about us. No problems, no hurting, just the love for eachother. Jessica is my sunshine and I won't let anything happen to us or her.