Chapter 12 : Ready to go

"You ready to go, Amanda?"

The beauty queen nodded.

Amanda stepped out of the black van wearing a hot pink skirt suit ensemble, and a swarm of Thai media started to take photos. She posed and waved at her fans who were waiting at the sidelines holding streamers and banners.

"Have you called Vee? That woman is always late"

"Veena and your mom are on their way together with your two other luggages" her assistant clarified.

"Hope she really brought it or else, I'll be damned" Amanda was tense, luckily for her she's wearing a face mask - something that hides her uneasy facial expression.

Amanda's battalion of extra large, medium and small travel suitcases in maroon and dark teal were being transported into the departure lobby of the Suvarnabhumi Airport by five airport and MUT staff.

"Come on, it's time to get inside" Somchai assisted Amanda with some of her carry-on bags and rolling suitcases. "We'll have to take a couple of more photos inside before checking in"

The Thai-Canadian queen nodded.

When they reached the lobby prior to the check-in area Amanda shook her head at the sight of the luggages that she'll bring. "I doubt any of these baggage will get lost", she snickered, "now every single soul in this airport will know those are mine. Amanda, queen of travel suitcases! Look at my name printed in bold".

"At least nobody would dare steal it" Somchai laughed.

"You have a point", Amanda said somberly.

"Let's get your photos taken so we can check in already and get you out of wandering eyes"

As the official MUT photographer and several fans were taking Amanda's photos, Veena and her mom arrived.

"Mom!" Amanda rushed and slouched to hug her much shorter mother.

"I'm so happy you're here now."

"My baby" her mom hugged and placed tiny kisses on her face despite the mask, "you look so pretty!"

"Mom" the younger woman protested, still bashful of the sweet way her mom treats her like she's still five.

"The magic potions are in here, your highness",

"Thank you for picking up my mom and bringing these with you." Amanda looked at the two big gray suitcases beside Veena.

"No worries. You ready for your biggest adventure yet?" her friend asked the beauty queen who simply shrugged, "Hopefully, I'll not regret a thing"

"Don't worry, Pra. You're in good hands now. Let's conquer Florida like a hurricane!" her more energetic friend pumped her arms in the air before sashaying into the priority check in counter assigned to them.

"That woman's confidence. Wish I could have at least half of it." Amanda thought to herself while looking at Veena talk to the ground staff of the airline.

————

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport. Local time is 3:35 PM and the temperature is eighty degrees Fahrenheit. Weather condition is partly cloudy with isolated rain showers. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign."

I woke up from my nap when I heard the flight attendant announce that we have landed safely. Mama J was getting his bag under the seat and decided to get mine as well. My creative director looked at me and smiled, "Di na muna kita ginising kasi ang sarap ng tulog mo. You looked like an angel, besides, it's going to be a while for them to disembark us"