Chapter 2

Hermione made her way down the steps into the Common Room. As she neared the bottom, she heard someone calling her name. Looking around, she saw Harry waving at her and, not much to her surprise, just the person she was looking for sitting right next to him, Ron.

Slowly she made her way over to them. As she got closer, Ron seemed to realize she was there. He looked up at her and grinned. "There is my pretty li'l witch!" He said, holding his arms open at her.

How dare he?! She thought, angrily. Sitting there smiling and trying to give me a hug as if he hasn't been off feeling up some tart! What a JERK! She hesitantly went and let him hug her, anger still flowing through every vein in her body.

"Hiya, 'Mione!" Harry greeted her enthusiastically. Pulling away from Ron, she turned to greet him. "Where is my Ginny?" Hermione couldn't help but grin at this question. Ever since Harry got back with Ginny after the war, he'd been really protective of her, always looking out for her and by her side. Having her away from him for too long made him uncomfortable.

Before Hermione could answer this question, however, Ginny appeared beside her. "I'm right here, Harry. Don't get your knickers in a twist." she chuckled, placing herself beside Harry and kissing him on the cheek.

Then turning back to Hermione, she looked between her and Ron, cocking an eyebrow. Hermione bit her lip. Now that she was facing Ron, she had lost all the confidence she'd had just 5 minutes ago. Ginny rolled her eyes at her.

"Hermione, wasn't there something you were wanting to do?" She gave Hermione a 'Do-it-now-or-I'll-take-matters-into-my-own-hands' look. And she wasn't about to ignore that.

So, turning to Ron, she took his hand. "Ron, can we go for a walk?"

He smiled down at her. "Of course, sweetheart." He started to leave the room, pulling her along with him.

Sweetheart is right. I have one, and you're breaking it! As Ron pulled her out the Portrait hole, she looked back over her shoulder as Ginny who gave her a reassuring smile. She suddenly started feeling her confidence return.

As they made their way through the corridors, Hermione was thinking about how exactly she was going to approach this. She hadn't really thought it through. Unfortunately, before she had enough time to get it together, Ron had brought them to a stop by the Black Lake.

He pulled her against himself, giving her a hug. "I love it when it's just the two of us. It lets us do this without being interrupted." Before she could object, he had turned her face up to his, and kissed her. Any other time she would have melted into him, and kissed him back. She would have wound her hands in his hair and relished the moment.

But, not now, no. As she kissed him, all she saw was him and Lavender. She began to feel dirty, as if Lavender was rubbing off of him onto her. And that smell. She smelt something that was a lot like a mixture of sour fruit and old perfume coming off his clothing.

That was it! She couldn't take it anymore. She felt rage build up inside her all the sudden. Placing her hands on Ron's chest, she shoved him away from her. He staggered back, falling onto the ground, looking utterly confused.

"What the bloody hell?!" he yelled at her. "What was that for?!" Then, seeing the look on her face, he immediately stopped shouting. "'Mione, what's wrong?" He was starting to look scared now. Hermione's cheeks were flushed, and her hands in fists.

She wasn't sure why she was so mad. It's not like he had killed somebody. He had just been cheating on her with a slutty, ugly, mindless bimbo, and then still having the plums to be all sweet and innocent to her face. Hugging her and kissing her, and calling her sweet names. All the while, probably planning his next meeting with Lav Lav!