Chapter 7

The whole Hall was silent as they watched, stunned. Draco Malfoy had just taken Hermione Granger into his arms and was kissing her passionately. It wasn't just that, though, it was also what he had said. He had said he wanted her.

"I only want her..."

These words were echoing over and over again in Hermione's head. Ginny had been right. She had found it hard to believe before. She couldn't even picture it. She didn't want to think about it, she didn't want it. But, now...? Here they were, their bodies and lips fitting together perfectly. He was holding her tight, kissing her sweetly, making every inch of her body tingle, her heart pound, her legs weak, her head dizzy, making her want nothing else but for this moment to go on forever.

Just as she thought her wishes were about to be answered, there was a thud, a grunt and Malfoy was pulled away from her. Opening her eyes, she saw that Ron had punched Malfoy who was now laying on the floor holding the side of his head.

Recovering quickly, Malfoy jumped up, his hand already in a fist ready to punch back. But, Hermione got there first. Walking straight up to Ron, Hermione lifted her hand and smacked him as hard as she could across the face.

She wasn't done, however...

"THAT, was for cheating on me!" She hit him again. "THAT, was for trying to get me to sleep with you!" She hit him a third time. "THAT, was for cheating on me AGAIN!" Everybody watched in disbelief as she hit him a fourth time. "THAT, was for hitting him..." She pointed at Malfoy. "for no reason!" She lifted her hand and smacked him a fifth time. "THAT, was for telling me I'm boring!" Then a sixth. "And, THAT, was just because you're a git!" Ron stood there, too stunned to move. He had remained still for the whole thing. Why? She didn't know, and she didn't have it in her to care.

She turned around to look at Malfoy. "Are you okay?"

His mouth was hanging open. He was just as taken aback as everyone else. Before he could answer, though, someone started calling her name. Looking around, she saw Ginny and Mysteria making their way over to her, while Harry went over to a still very stunned Ron.

"Come on, Mate." Harry took Ron's arm and led him out of the Great Hall.

When Ginny and Mysteria reached her, Ginny turned back to the crowd. "OI! Show's over! Go back to what you were doing, you mindless pillocks!" Then she turned back to Hermione. "That was wicked sweet, Mi'!"

"Yes, it was! He didn't know what hit him." Mysteria and Ginny giggled at the joke. Hermione nodded at them, but wasn't really listening. She was looking around for Malfoy. He had just out of the blue, up and vanished. She started standing up on her tiptoes and spinning around trying to spot him.

"Where did Malfoy go?" She still couldn't find him.

"Is that him over there?" Hermione looked to where Mysteria was pointing. Sure enough, there he was by the Great Hall doors.

Dang, he sure moves fast! He was wandering in the doorway, looking over at her every now and then.

She looked back at her friends. "Uhh, I better go talk to Malfoy." Hermione started heading for the entrance.

Ginny called after her. "I think it's about time you started calling him Draco!"

Hermione just ignored this, and made her way through the crowds. She finally reached him. Before she could speak, he took her hand and pulled her towards the exit of the Castle.