[Chapter 3]

Chapter 3: Speak Of The Devil

Warnings: Gore

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"The Lycans! Mother Miranda please protect us!"

     Whoever Mother Miranda is, she's doing a horrible job in saving these sad folks. You crouch there sweating and heart beating like crazy. Your eyes watch people being eaten alive, and in some cases, the corpses rise from the dead and turn into Lycans, and then the cycle continues.

     "Shit," You mutter as the massacre continues. Amidst the chaos you see the old man from earlier, he's saving his bullets and running away. You don't have any options left other than to follow and hope he's kind enough to let you stay with him. But a shotgun bullet straight to your head also seems promising.

     You cover and stay behind the old chap, the snow crunches in your feet. He reaches a house that's presumably his. The screams slowly die down, the silence is eerily deafening. The old man turns around and aims his shotgun at you.

     "Stay back you monster! Wait... It's you. What do you want?" He scoffs.

     "Help me."

     "Find anoth—" The two of you spot a Lycan patrolling the area, he quickly grabs your arm and pulls you inside his house. He closes the door and crouches to the floor. "Okay fine, but you better not make any noise. I have a spare gun in my closet. Follow me." You nod and both of you crawl, dodging the furniture and avoiding the windows afraid to be seen. In front of you is a curtain which he slides, you go inside and lean in the wall. The old man rummages through the boxes and hands you a pistol.

     "Thanks..."

     "Now point at the entrance, if any of those beasts enter the house and find us here, shoot them dead, got it?"

     "Yes boss," you stand up and get into position. Suddenly, the door opens, you both jump in surprise. The old man gets in front of you ready to shoot. You raise the pistol, your hands shaking in anticipation.

     The intruder sounds like they're messing with the place. The footsteps get louder and louder, your finger holds the trigger. You gulp as you see their shadow from behind the curtain, they look human... too human. They slide it open and in a split second the old man shoots, missing the target.

     "Aah! No! No! Friendly, friendly!" A blonde man raises his hands in defense. You take a peek behind the geezer's shoulder to get a better look at the intruder, he looks...familiar.

     "Who are you? Who sent you?"

     "Nobody! There was an accident, down on the road, and—" The Lycans howl, and the old man shuts him up. You tremble over the fact that they're surrounding the house. They must've heard the gunshot. "What's going on?"

     Shit.

     He pushes the blond away and takes a look outside the window. His face pales at whatever sight he sees.

     "Oh, no. They're coming!"

     "Who is? What the hell was that?"

     "Do you have a gun? Please tell me you have a gun?"

     "What? No. Why would I—" This man wasn't wearing the same clothes as the villagers. He's definitely an outsider, so that means...

     "Ethan Winters?" He stops and looks directly into your eyes.