[Chapter 1]

Chapter 1: A Big Ass Scam

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Resident Evil Village

     Holy fucking shit it's finally here! You couldn't contain your excitement, the Ps4 you bought from craigslist is in the hands of the delivery man at your doorstep. This console costs 20$ purchased from a shady seller. But who the fuck cares! It's yours now!

     You practically jump out of your garbage dump of a bedroom and rush to the door. The manic smile on your face would make anyone assume you're on a daily dose of drugs. The knocks keep getting louder and louder until you push the door open.

     "So you are—"

     "Yes, it's me! You're at the right address and that shit you're holding is already paid!" You snatch the box away and slam the door in his face.

     "Wait—"

     Rushing to the windows and closing blinds, you're left in the living room. Your eyes sparkle as you rip through the box. In it is a beautiful Ps4 alongside a sole controller and a set of cables.

     You pick it up and admire the console, bringing it up to your nose and smelling it. It's better to be safe than sorry and make sure no drugs were sneaked inside. When the coast is clear your smile widens.

     You place it on the floor and quickly connect the wires in place. You scramble around finding the remote that was buried in your sofa. Pressing a button and opening the tv next thing you do is find the game disc.

     It was in a table neatly protected and sealed, everything could go to shit but this cannot be damaged. You slowly open it from the case and shakily return to the sofa. The CD was borrowed from your brother who already finished the game.

     Crouching down, you push it in the console and it eats it up. Okay good, hopefully, it loads and reads the disc. While that's working, you pick up and wipe the dirty controller. You sit down and wrap yourself with a dirty blanket.

     Surprisingly, the Ps4 opened.

     You squeal and want the time to move faster, you just need to input the account of your brother and start. When everything seems well, the lights begin to flicker and you raise a brow. The TV screen statics until it's white. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me I should've known this was a scam!"

     For some reason your skin starts to itch, the heat is increasing at an alarming rate. Only a few minutes passed since you set things up, the sun can't be burning you this early in the morning. You cover your face and mutter a string of curses, you poke the television and it's about to explode! It was so hot it probably caused the entire prison of a room you have to heat up! Your eyes dart to the electrical outlet before rushing and pulling it out.

     It didn't turn off.

     Your heart sinks, what the fuck is happening? The blistering heat the screen is radiating makes you fall to your knees. The scorching pain climbs and travels to your entire body. Slowly but surely you lose control of yourself, arms flailing, legs trembling, and breaths hitching. The mysterious force renders you immobile until you fall face-first into the floor.

     All efforts to move even a single limb were all in vain. And finally, your consciousness gets deliberately eaten up. Then you close your eyes shut, succumbing to the light.

     Wherever you are, there is no ground to fall on. But every second that passes, you hear voices whispering around you. Some were loud, others soft, you float around further and spiral into the unknown. After what feels like forever, the infinite void of light is replaced with darkness.

     Then you crash, you flutter your eyes open and notice little white sparkles fall from the sky. Everything is still blurry and hazy. You groan and attempt to regain any senses by moving your arms. You scoop a fistful of dirt no—snow into your hand. This wasn't your cozy home that provided warmth, but a freezing—village? You jerk up heart thundering and sweat trickling.

     Your consciousness returns and the cold hits your bare skin, the hairs on your arms rise from the sudden reaction. It's snowing yet you're in your sad excuse of pajamas. There were people wearing clothes that looked like they came from the 18th century.

     They carry along with their lives and continuously ignore you. You thought you were invisible but a kid almost tripped on your leg while playing tag.

     "What the fuck?" You scan the area, the houses were made of bricks, and they have chimneys spewing out smoke. It's also snowing, as far as you know it's nowhere near winter. Picking yourself up you shudder and rub your shoulders.

     The village seemed familiar; it's like you've seen it before. Then it dawns upon you. You weren't lost.

     You're inside the game.