Chapter 1

"Let's go!" A man from outside the helicopter yelled to the group of teens. The noise around Rose made it hard for her to concentrate, and everything was happening quickly. She got to her feet as the others did too, looking to Minho who gave her a nod of reassurance. Rose jumped out of the helicopter after Teresa and Newt, there were men everywhere in suits and with guns, something that made Rose slightly unsure. 

Rose looked back to Minho as men tried to usher her on, her friends already running ahead to the building. She watched hastily as he woke up Thomas, who was last to leave the helicopter and soon enough, the runner jumped out of the helicopter and ran to her side. Rose ran with the boy, not far behind the others as the men started shooting at things and the atmosphere seemed to get tenser. Bright lights shone down of them, sand underneath their feet, the sky pitch black and screams and gunfire filled Rose's ears as they ran. 

She took deep breaths as they set foot into the big building, it was some kind of warehouse and people were everywhere, busying around, not even paying attention to the group of teens who had just arrived. Rose looked around as the large doors shut after them, there was still a deep pit in her stomach from the recent events and it only grew with the uncertainty of what this place really was. 

"Where the hell are we?" Minho questioned as the group stood together, feeling out of place and exposed to the many people in the building. Rose looked to the boy beside her, wishing that they knew the answer to the question. She felt tiny in this massive room and the fact that no one seemed to notice them, only made her feel smaller. 

"I have no idea," Thomas breathed, his eyes wide as he too scanned the area they were in. Before long, Rose noticed how two men were walking towards the group with a purpose, she also noticed the guns in their hands and she instinctively reached for Minho's hand. He looked down to Rose before seeing the men too, they were much closer now and everyone was waiting for them, hoping to find out where they were. 

"Come with us," One of the guys instructed sternly with no introduction or explanation. Rose looked at the others as they shared confused looks, debating whether they should trust these people who had saved them. 

"We don't have time for this," The other stated, ushering the group along with the gun. None of them protested and quickly followed after the man. Rose looked back to the man behind them as they walked quickly, nearly stumbling over one another, though her hand was still interlocked with Minho's. This felt wrong and rushed but Rose just felt so tired, and not just the kind of tired where sleep would help, she couldn't focus on anything, she didn't want to really. The effort to try and not focus on anything only made her mind instantly think of Gally and Chuck and her stomach dropped. It didn't matter that they were saved because they weren't here with them. 

"Get inside! Hurry, hurry," The first man instructed the group as he opened up a door after walking down a couple of corridors. The group filed in quickly, feeling the urgency of the situation, feeling pressured to do as the men said. Clearly, something was going on as alarms were sounding and people were running around, it made Rose wonder what the purpose of this place was. 

"What's going on out there?" Thomas asked desperately as he got in the door last, facing the man. 

"Nothing we can't handle," The man replied before shutting the door and the room was plunged into darkness. Rose took a deep breath, willing for her eyes to adjust as Thomas banged on the door, begging for the people to let them out. It didn't take long for lights to power up and Rose could then see what everyone else was staring at. 

The table in the room was covered in hot food, just welcoming them in to eat it all up in one go. They all stood in silence as Thomas joined them, not believing their eyes that there was this much food available for them to have.