Chapter 8: The Betrayal

Reality: Alpha

POV: John Packer

         They keep me locked in the room after the assassin was stopped and I had almost finished interrogating her. I didn't understand why they were so keen on keeping me from that knowledge, but I knew it wasn't good. All I knew was that I was getting restless and started pacing across the room, thinking. I knew that I had to get answers about what happened and I also knew that I wasn't going to get them here, but had to wait for an opportunity to arise.

        I was still pacing the floor when the guard came in saying that the commander had requested my presence and that I had to follow him. So I did, right into the command center where they looked like they were planing for something big and were so focused that they didn't seem to notice that me and the guard were right there until he talked. I swear that they all jumped about a foot and the commander quickly got me into another room. "How have you been," she asks as she continued to look very nervous.

        "Fine," I say as the uncomfortable quiet seemed start stretching on.

        "Don't mean to be rude here, but why am I here mam," I ask her starting to get impatient.

        "Oh, yes. What do you say about a little experiment," she asks me pouring herself a drink of water.

        "What type of experiment," I ask her, suspiciously.

        "The thing you have to understand is this, we are now at war. Them attacking you told us as much, but we don't have any troops that are able to go through the vortex, with the exception of you," she explains as she looks at me.

        "What if I refuse," I ask, confused.

        "Let's just say you won't have the  time to do that," she says as she signals some body with her hand.

       That's when I noticed that I was being surrounded by a bunch of the guards and quickly knocked them out. I look at the commander and ask, "Do you really think that I'd fall for the same trap twice?" 

        She looks at me kind of unimpressed and says, "I would of called you unintelligent if you hadn't suspected if we would try something and, just in case you weren't, we changed it up a little bit."

        "What do you mean," I ask looking around for something.

        As I continued to look around the room I started feeling a little bit woozy and realized that there was one in the very back that shoot a time registered Tranq tablet. I fell back and every thing went black.

------------

------------

Hey guys and girls. What do you think? Things are now getting interesting as people are starting to show there true colors. I hope you like the newest addition to my book. Please like, comment, and follow. 

Hope you have a excelent great day/ night.

-CJRogers