Chapter: 2 The Secret Underneath

Five months later

Reality: Alpha

POV: John Packer

I spent the last five months sitting in the cell, watching, waiting, and slowly growing crazy as the walls slowly started to feel as if they were closing me in, traping me here forever. I tried many different methods to try to keep my mind off of it and failed miserably.
Now here I am still sitting here waiting for something to happen, for something to change, but like everything that's been happening, nothings seems to be going to happen. That's when the door opens and the woman, who had set the trap, walks in. "I'm sorry for the long wait, but we had to run a few tests before we could say that you are ready for the next step in the program," she says to me as I start feeling as though even if I make it past her I'd still find myself trapped by hundreds of guards.

"Who are you," I ask her trying to remember everything from my past missions.

"I am Dr. Swallow, the lead scientist on this project and the person who decides whether or not you live," she says as two guards walk in and put movable restraints on me.

"What tests did you run," I ask her as we start walking out of my cell.

"So we can see if you're eligible for the project," she tells me as if I suddenly became stupid.

"What is this project you're talking about," I ask her, trying to not look at her, to not see her face and humanize it.

"I'm sorry, but that's classified," she says as we continued walking forward.

We suddenly stop next to a window and I can't believe what I'm seeing. Where I'm at is underwater and even then it's mostly invisible with some sort of generator. A memory felt like it was trying to tell me something as it fought for my attention and then I remembered, I killed the designer of that generator.

I didn't do anything to the blueprints, so seeing the real thing here was shocking. It was as though somebody had shot an electric current ran through me and my mind started wondering what else the could have used me for. As if reading my mind, Dr. Swallow says, "we employed you on a couple of assassination missions, but of course we couldn't have you knowing so we used your regular channels to get the assignments to you."

I couldn't believe my eyes and kept staring until I felt a pain of a needle going into my neck. Next thing I new was everything going dark.

-----

I wake up a little bit later to find myself strapped to a chair that looks kind of like an electric chair and see someone looking at me from the other side of a tinted window. "You will be my greatest invention yet as I erase the old you and make you someone we can mold into what we need," a mans voice says threw the intercom.

Next thing I know I am in excruciating pain and black out

--------

--------

Hey guys and girls. I hope you have enjoyed the latest chapter in the book. Please like, favorite, and follow to get updates on the book. Please comment on what you have liked so far.

Have a great day/night/Thanksgiving

-cjrogers6