Chapter six: My target

One year later

Realty: Beta

POV: Lilly Parker

My training was almost complete after one year full of excruciating pain and torture to the mind and body. They were focused on breaking and rebuilding me to what they wanted me to be. There were a lot of tests that were meant to determine if I still had humanity left in me.

After many days of this I was sure I didn't have anything left of me from before I started training and didn't want to have any, anyway. I was pretty sure I was ready to start going on missions just to be told that I wasn't ready yet.

Today, I'm sure that it's going to be different mostly because of the electricity in the air, like something big was about to happen. I walk into The Directors office to find him looking out the window.

"Sir," I say to let him know that I was here.

"Lilly, do you know how long you've been training under me," he asked as if he didn't know that I have been keeping pretty good count of the days that went past.

"Almost a year," I told him.

"Almost a year," he repeated to himself as if he was deep in thought.

"Sir, are you OK," I asked him, worried that his sickness was finally taking a turn for the rest.

"Yes I am OK, but I think it's time for us to move forward with the plan," he says, looking paler by the minute.

"So I'm finally getting a mission," I ask trying not to look too excited.

He shakes his head yes and then pushes a button on his desk. The room seemed to transform as the mechanical systems worked there magic.

"There is a portal to another reality that we call The Rift. That's where your mission will take place, on the other side of it. Once over there you'll be tasked to assassinate some of their key people in the governments over there," he says as he begins the slide show.

"So, whom am I going to assassinate first," I asked as I got ready to scribble down names.

"You will first target the weapon that they are attempting to make to either defend against us or attack us," he says.

"OK, do we know what it looks like," I ask, curious.

"According to the mole we placed over there it will be the alternate me that you will be targeting first," he says calmly.

I look at him in disbelief as a picture of him popped up on the screen, but it wasn't him, there was to much sorrow hidden in those eyes. "Yes, They have decided to weaponize me."

------------
-------------

Hey guys and girls,
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been working night shift and have spent most of my free time sleeping. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Hope you have a great fathers day and have a great day/ night

-CJRogers6