Chapter 2

Warning: Strong offensive language, racial slurs, homophobic slurs, and cyberbullying.
_________________________________________

After school I sit at home on my laptop, trying to study for the math test on Friday. While going over algebra problems, I get tagged on Facebook in a post that I open immediately. Of course, it's a Photoshop picture of me next to a grave with the caption 'Faggots go here'. So original, I think to myself while reporting the link. Then my phone buzzes on the desk, and a text message pops up but I'm not that eager to look at it. It could be Eric calling me names or strangers calling for butt sex again, it's been happening since Ryder exposed my phone number on pornhub. Surprisingly, it's neither.

Skylar: I miss you

*buzz*

Skylar: Hello?

five seconds later, *buzz*

Skylar: Please tell me you didn't break our promise already.

I put down my pencil and pick up the phone, suddenly a text from Eric in a group chat I NEVER agreed to be in goes through.

Eric: Dick sucker, wake up.

Ryder: He is probably sleeping.

Umang: 😁 Hi Kaizen, how are you?

Ryder: UMANG, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH THIS FAG?

Umang: Of course not 😉

Ryder: Umang you're pissing me off.

Umang: Okay?

Between all three boys, Eric Hall, Ryder Daniel, and Umang Singh. Umang is the one out of the group who tries to be nice, we are secretly friends outside of school and agreed to keep that friendship on the down-low. However, Umang tends to forget when he's around them. Umang is from India which is how we bonded in the first place, he never told me how a nice boy like him got into the wrong crowd. However, I assume it's to boost his popularity in the school.

I finally text back,
Me: What do you want?

Ryder: I'm thinking of a number between one and ten.

Me: 🤨 I don't have time for these games, I am busy.

Eric: Pick a number.

Umang texts me privately, it reads Do NOT PICK TEN...

I ignore the group for a whole eight minutes, continuing to study but my phone buzzes nonstop. Are they seriously spamming me?

Eric: IF I HAVE TO PICK THE NUMBER FOR IT. THEN, YOUR ASS IS GRASS TOMORROW.

Umang: Oh um...he said two

Ryder: Tf, how do you know?

Umang: Um....he just called me.

Ryder: 🤔 You have this asshole's number.

Umang: No of course not.

Eric: Then how do you know what number he picked?

Ryder: He has this asshole's number...

Umang: No I don't. I swear.

I plop my face on the desk and groan. Ugggggggggh! I just want to study. Why can't I study in peace? Is that so hard to ask? I grab my phone, open the group chat, and text back with anger.

Me: Don't you guys have a life? A test to study for? Siblings to take care of? Something?!

Eric: IF YOU DON'T PICK A NUMBER...I WILL.