Chapter 10

Warning| Strong language and gay sex scene.
_________________________________________

Over the weekend, I work at McDonald's after taking more than a month off. I hurry with orders at the window, speeding through like a cheetah to make our time go down. Another co-worker, Dylan hands me the customer's food as I give it to them through the drive-thru window. "Is number ninety-eight done, it's been two minutes" I yell, grabbing another bag from Dylan.

"Number sixty is missing items," Brooklyn says to the cooks. "Y'all missed a Big Mac"

I look at our line of customers in the lobby which keeps growing, I then say "Sarah, what's going on? We have a huge line up front"

"She went to the bathroom," Another cook says.

"Ugh, you're kidding" I grumble, turning around "Somebody goes upfront".

Kylee runs to the lobby restaurant, immediately taking orders back to back " Hi, sorry for the wait. Can I help you?".

"Where is ninety-eight? It shouldn't take long for a large fry and nuggets" I say loudly, I open the window and poke my head out "I'm sorry, it will be one more moment sir"

"What is taking so long?" The young man yells impatiently.

I press the microphone button, saying "Welcome to McDonald's, how can I help you?". A familiar raspy voice talks through the speaker.

"Don't act like you didn't love it" Ryder says seductively.

My heart drops, and I gulp- swallowing hard as I take some deep breaths. "G-get out of the drive-thru or I'm calling the police". I assume the car drove left, after hearing these tires skid against the road. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Though Ryder has left the drive-thru, there is a slight possibility he's parked out front.

Dylan talks in his headset "Large, small, or medium?"

"Hi, welcome to Mcdonald's. My name is K-" I see Ryder walk into the lobby, my voice stutters into the headset once more before another co-worker takes over.

"What would you like?" turning up the volume on the headset, Lindsey waves me off.

I engage with Ryder from behind the counter, he cuts in front of everybody else just so we can chat. No one seemed bothered by his rudeness, the customers in line continued with their day as if nothing happened.
"Please leave" saying this as politely as I can, Ryder doesn't take the hint. He does the complete opposite.

"I'm calling the police" Before I have a chance to walk away, Ryder grabs hold of my wrist, and he yanks it forward- causing me to lean over the counter. I screech in pain, feeling his nails claw my skin.

"Don't make me teach you the same lesson, twice" Ryder whispers sharply. He released my wrist so aggressively, I hit my head on the soda machine.

I get butterflies in my stomach just looking at him, the cold expression on his face is enough to bring shivers down anyone's spine.

Ryder throws two dollars in my face "Large fry, no salt" He smiles seductively.

I catch the money and nod, "Okay". After scooping french fries into a large fry box, I hand him the food with a receipt "Here"

Without showing an ounce of gratitude, he yanks the McDonald's bag out of my hand and exits. Since the lobby is empty, I take time to sanitize the tables and chairs. Lindsey helps by refilling the soda machine, and Dylan changes our menu board. When rinsing out the washcloth in a bucket, I hear someone repeatedly announce "My boss is going to be here in ten minutes, make this place spotless" The manager, Carol strolls around making sure things are in order "I don't want us to fail our health inspection again"