Chapter 11

|Warning| Description of death and gruesome image.
_________________________________________

( Third P.O.V )

Many days have gone by, no one has seen or heard from Ryder Daniel in almost a week. Miya Daniel alerted the police about her son missing on Sunday. Law enforcement has been searching, however, without any leads, it's back to square one. Going around the city with an image of Ryder. Sadly, Officer Benefield and Officer Demian are too late.

"Nine one one, what's your emergency?" Dispatcher, Kenny Worn says speaking in her headset while in front of computers.

"Hi, I was just fishing and...oh God," The woman says, "My brother thought we got a huge bite, he pulled in a duffle bag. There's a body inside"

Kenny hears someone crying, "Is the person alive?" He types.

"He-he's dead"

Officer Benefield was outside a Los Angeles restaurant when he and his partner got the news. They got in their patrol car and sped to the San Gabriel River. Yellow crime tape blocks the scene, and a group of police swarm around making sure cars go past. A medical examiner kneels over the mutilated body, Lewis uses gloves for a thorough report.
"What do we get Lewis?" Benefield asks.

"Complete overkill" Lewis explains, standing up. "Face is mutilated. Their private area was sliced off. Missing fingers. They were also sodomized with a wooden object and shot in the back of the head. This was personal"

"What killed them?" Officer Demian asks.

Lewis takes off her gloves "Not sure, I'll know more after an autopsy"

Lewis strokes her short half-purple and black hair, she then digs in the victim's left pocket for any sign of I.D. A brown wallet is discovered, and Lewis opens it facing Officer Benefield she shows an identification. Benefield grabs the wallet to make sure he's seeing right, his eyes expand as he stares at their picture.
"Who is it?" Officer Demian asks.
"Ryder," He says.

How Ryder died is horrific, his last moments alive must've been frightening. The sight of, lying naked in a duffle bag with a dismantled face, missing fingers, and gunshot wound brought everyone to tears. Though Ryder Daniel wasn't a decent human being, he didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody does.

"Guys look" Lewis calls out for both police officers, she finally gets Ryder on his back discovering a message on the rebellious teenager's chest. It seems like a knife job, every letter is carved into his skin.

Officer Benefield reads it out loud "Rapist". Then he looked at his partner.

"But, who did he rape?" Officer Demian mumbles.

~

( Kaizen's P.o.v)

"Do you want some chicken?" Mom asks, stirring a pot of barbeque sauce. I ignore Mom's question, too busy arguing with Skylar over text. Mom takes my silence as a yes, soon placing an entire plate of chicken thighs on the table.
"Thanks," I say.
"What's wrong? You seem upset" Mom asks, handing Ara her plate of food.

"Um... Mom, what does it mean when your boyfriend grabs your neck?" I ask, nervously picking up my nail.

Mom looks at me "During sex or-" She asks, making another plate for herself.

"No" I shake my head "Just during an argument"

It's Thursday morning, there's school today but I decided not to attend since I've been having issues with Skylar. Lately, our relationship has been different, he seems to get annoyed more easily. Skylar keeps putting his hand on me, not in an affectionate way either. It's like we're not as in love as we used to be. Our love life is going downhill, I don't know how to fix it.

"That means he's a dick," Mom says flat out.

"Right," I nod, pushing my plate away.

I hurry upstairs to the bedroom, then hop online to FaceTime with Skylar. But in the middle of calling my boyfriend, a news article pops up titled 'Dead boy in the river'. I click on the link, and this long news article shows a picture of Ryder Daniel. I start reading "The body of eighteen-year-old, Ryder Alexandar Daniel is found in the San Gabriel River after missing for five days. The victim was found in a duffle bag, clearly deceased. Authorities haven't released how the handsome teenager has died but did comment saying there's an ongoing investigation. The principal of Maplewood High School says 'Ryder was a loving soul, he got along with everybody. And when he causes trouble, he's the first to own up to his mistakes. We will truly miss him"

No, Ryder is not dead. It has to be a different person. Maybe false identity. Either way, I don't know how to feel about it. Of course, a weight is lifted off my shoulders, a huge relief to have freedom again. But, is this really what I wanted?

"Hey Kaizen, I would like to apologize" Skylar opens the bedroom door. I face him, crying like a baby.

"Skylar, Ryder's dead" I run to Skylar and hug him while sobbing in his sweatshirt.

Skylar looks down with open arms, trying to make sense as to why I'm upset. His facial expression can speak a thousand words, he looks surprised if anything.
"I know," He says "I know"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Short chapter this time. If you feel it's a little rushed, let me know! Thanks for reading, I appreciate all the support. Of course, I love feedback, especially everyone's comments I read them when I'm bored. Don't forget...

Comment💬

Share 👥

Vote 💗