1

An alarm goes off in a small apartment. Minji groans and hits it as hard as she could to stop it. She slowly sat up in bed and looked outside.

"Another day." She said. She got up slowly and looked at the time. Her eyes widened and she started running around the apartment. She got her papers and dressed up nicely. She ran out the door after that.

She started to run towards her destination and just as she rounded the corner, someone bumped into her and her papers flew everywhere. She watched as all the papers were falling as if they were in slow motion and glared at the other person who continued to run without apologizing.

She glared at the back of the girl and looked at her silver hair. She started to collect the papers one by one and noticed how late she was. She sighed and continued to pick them up.

Once she had all of her papers back in a somewhat neat pile, she went off towards her interview. She walked towards the store and went in. 

Inside, she saw a black and blue haired girl at the counter. 

"Hi, are you here for the interview?" She asked. Minji just nodded her head and looked down towards the ground.

"I'm sorry I'm really late." She said while bowing. The girl laughed at how cute she was and walked up to her.

"Don't be, it's fine. Are you ready for it?" She asked. Minji looked up and nodded.

The girl nodded and lead Minji towards the employees only room. Once inside, Minji looked around and felt really nervous, the girl noticed this and smiled trying to reassure her.

"Don't worry, I'm not that strict." She said happily. Minji nodded and they both sat down at a table.

"I'm Kim Minji." Minji said while holding out her hand offering a shake. Siyeon took it while smiling.

"I'm Lee Siyeon. I'm kind of the boss because I'm the only worker here." She said while letting go. Minji looked at her puzzled by what she just said.

"What do you mean?" She asked. Siyeon just smiled sadly.

"I don't really know. A bunch of the other employees left and eventually, I was the only one still here." She said. Minji was shocked after hearing this and didn't know what to do to lighten the mood.

"Anyways, why do you want to work here?" Siyeon asked trying to lighten the room. 

"I thought it would be a nice experience and I love macaroons, so why not?" Minji replied. Siyeon nodded and smiled.

"That's what I said for my interview as well. You're hired!" She said happily. Minji just widened her eyes.

"Wait what? That's it? Don't you need to ask me more questions or something? What about my resume?" She was very confused on how quickly this was moving. Siyeon just smiled.

"I'm low on people and besides, they hired me after I said that in my interview." She said happily. 

I don't know if I should feel happy about this or not. Minji thought to herself. She looked towards Siyeon.

"Am I really hired? Or is this some kind of joke?" She asked seriously. Siyeon looked back at her with a serious face.

"I'm serious." She said. Minji looked into her eyes and believed her.

"Now put this apron on!" Siyeon said while throwing an apron towards Minji.

Minji barely caught it and looked towards Siyeon.

"Don't you think this is a little too fast?" She asked. Siyeon shook her head and went out of the room leaving Minji alone holding onto an apron.

Siyeon left and was met with a long line of people at the counter. She got what the first person wanted and was about to let Minji take over. She turned around and noticed that no one was there. She politely excused herself and ran back to the employees room.