11

Minji got onto the plane and couldn't help but feel sad about the events. She thought she could trust Yoohyeon and that she wouldn't do something reckless. She looked out of the plane window and wondered how Yoohyeon was doing now. 

Was she alright? Did they finish? Is her ankle okay? Many thoughts came into her mind and before she even knew it, the plane had taken off. She drifted asleep and woke up when she landed.

She got out of the plane and went to get her luggage. She saw her mom and dad waiting for her along with a man who she thought would be her fiancee. 

"Hi mom. Hi dad." She said with no expression. Both of her parents look at her with an angry face. She looked over to the man and gave him a slight bow.

"You must be the one who I am going to marry?" She asked with no expression again. The young man bowed and nodded.

"This is Byeong." Her mother said. Minji looked at him and he gave her a smile. He noticed this and thought that it would impress her if he did a trick. He did a back flip earning a clap from her parents, but earning a disgusted look from her. 

Her parents frowned upon seeing this, but couldn't say anything in front of Byeong. They went to their car and all Minji could do was think about Yoohyeon.

Meanwhile in a hospital, Yoohyeon woke up and stared at the white ceiling she sat up and saw Siyeon and Sua sleeping in a chair. She looked around wondering where her girlfriend was.

"Siyeon? Sua?" She asked. Both of them immediately woke up and went to her side.

"How are you doing Yooh?" Siyeon asked worried.

"I'm fine. My ankle kind of hurts." Yoohyeon said. 

"You really shouldn't have done that race Yooh." Sua said. Yoohyeon just sighed and then looked around the room.

"Where's Minji?" She asked. Sua and Siyeon looked at each other and both looked down sad. Yoohyeon noticed this and started to worry.

"Guys, where is my girlfriend?" She asked a little more serious this time. Siyeon looked away worried about what reaction she would get from Yoohyeon.

"She's gone. She left for the US at 3pm yesterday." Siyeon said still not wanting to look at Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon felt her heart shatter.

Is this why she said goodbye to her the last second? Is this why she didn't want her to do the marathon? Yoohyeon kept connecting the dots and immediately didn't know what to think.

She felt empty, sad, and a little bit angry by what Minji did. Why didn't she tell her before? Why did she keep this a secret before? She thought about it for a second and then thought that this was karma. 

She kept a secret from her too and it was against a promise as well that Minji trusted her with, yet she didn't keep it. She felt guilty now wondering if this wouldn't have happened if she stayed with her. 

"Why did she have to go the US?" She asked sadly. Siyeon and Sua looked at her sadly.

"She has some family business to go to." Siyeon said.

"Will she come back?" Yoohyeon asked looking down. Siyeon looked towards Sua.

"She said that she will, but I don't know for how long though."

Yoohyeon burst into tears already missing her girlfriend. They all were sad about Minji leaving because she was family to them as well. 

A couple of days later, Yoohyeon was discharged and brought back home. They looked around the house and thought that it felt empty without Minji there. Minji was a ray of sunshine and it felt weird without her in the house.