7. Pakun

Naruto

I passed through the gates of Konoha faster than I've ever done before.

I asked the first person I could find. "Where is Sasuke?" I demanded.

Their eyes were alarmed first then cast down at the realization of my question.

That did no good but only helped my anxiety. It seemed my feelings were right.

Without another word I breeze past them and rush to find answers.

I find Sakura and Shikamaru's team discussing together. I interrupted them.

"Naru–" Sakura started but I couldn't let her finish. She was going to scold me about training instead of being here.

I didn't have that time.

"Where is Sasuke?" I demanded.

I might have sounded a little crazy because everyone looked taken aback by my question.

Shikamaru spoke. "Since the day you left," he shook his head. "Just a few hours and we haven't seen him since."

A few seconds of silence pass and right there I am ready to murder a shinobi.

"Relax Naruto," Shikamaru said, his fist closing around my wrist.

I didn't realize my fingernails were digging into my palm.

"Where was he?" I asked finally, ignoring all the worried looks I got from everyone else.

"The reports say he was last seen in the woods. He was a little angry they said. But that was when they last saw him," said Chouji.

I had to get out of here. Every moment spent was time I wasted instead of finding Sasuke.

I thanked them and rushed off to the woods. Or I forgot to, I wasn't exactly in the right headspace.

The chakra was faint but I could still feel it. They were two.

I closed my eyes to sense better and tried to workout what possibly could have happened.

Then I caught it, a very faint sent but I caught it.

"Yo!"

I turn to see Kakashi-sensei perched up on a tree waving to me.

"Kakas–"

"Listen Naruto, I understand. You're my team, so I know you. Whatever is between the two of you, don't let it cloud your thinking. It won't help Sasuke right now," he said.

He had my attention. Someone finally got to me. So I listened.

"Pakun picked up the scent too." I watched as he summoned the loyal dog. "He can lead us there."

I was so relieved at that single piece of information.

I wanted to hug Pakun but we had to leave really quickly.

Soon we were breezing through trees at the most the chakra could let us go.

Wait for me Sasuke, please be alright.