десять

[ ten ] 

Taehyun eyed Beomgyu. Something was weird with the elder. He was utterly confused. One, Beomgyu was acting weird, and second what San and Wooyoung confirmed made his head crazy.

He hadn't retorted to any of the mean things that Taehyun had said from the morning, almost as if he was ignoring him. Which pissed Taehyun off. Because Beomgyu wasn't allowed to that. Not with Taehyun.

Beomgyu was giggling away with Soobin and the rest of his friends at their lunch table.

This was Taehyun's chance to piss Beomgyu off. If he didn't irritate Beomgyu, he felt like the day was gone waste.

Walking over to his table, he stood behind Beomgyu and smacked his head.

"Hey, loser." Taehyun tried, and Beomgyu's body fumed in anger. 

How dare he call him a loser?

But wait, he was supposed to be nice to Taehyun. Ugh, only if Taehyun was a bad person in all, Beomgyu would've snapped back.But after hearing Taehyun's voice break the other night and hear him burst into tears, Beomgyu just can't seem to bring out his mean side to him. He's just being human, afterall.

"Hi Taehyun." Beomgyu turned back, and saw Taehyun's smile disappear into a frown. He could tell that he was annoying Taehyun. But look, if he was mean to him, he'd be annoying. If Beomgyu was nice to Taehyun, he'd be annoying.

In conclusion, Taehyun just found beomgyu annoying at everything he did. 

"How are you today?" Beomgyu asked, smiling at him. 

Soobin looked at Beomgyu with wide eyes. Boy, he knew what he was doing.

Taehyun looked super uneasy, and he couldn't figure out Beomgyu's motive. Why the hell was the latter being so nice to him? First, he accepted all the mean comments, then smiled at Taehyun. He even went to the extent of asking how he was?

Oh, the audacity. 

He kept the smile on his face, his pretty teeth showing. Beomgyu's eyes kind of disappeared when he smiled. Which made him look sort of...attractive. But no, not attractive for him. Maybe for other people, who were interested in dating Beomgyu. 

Dating Beomgyu and Taehyun? Never.

Looking back at Beomgyu, who still was smiling like a fool at him, he replied. "I'm good, I guess." Taehyun said, confused as to why he was answering Beomgyu. "Close your mouth, you look like a fool."

Beomgyu looked at Taehyun, and then at his hands, and then back at Taehyun. "Okay, I guess."

He listened to me?! First, the asshole incident in the morning, and now-

Beomgyu shut his mouth, and gave him a smaller smile and turned back at Soobin. 

Taehyun was fuming. He would beat Beomgyu up if he kept up with this royal prince type of behaviour with him. Why? Because that's not how you behave with your enemy, of course!

Beomgyu's enemy. Yes, that was Taehyun. For some reason, that made his chest swell up in pride. But it wasn't cool to be anyone's enemy, right?

Shaking his head, Taehyun sighed. He was going crazy indeed.

_______________________________________________________

Seeing Taehyun walk away from their table in an extremely annoyed manner, Beomgyu squealed and latched onto Soobin. 

"He got annoyed!" Beomgyu said excitedly, and Soobin looked at him dryly. He still wasn't over the incident with Yeonjun from the morning, but he couldn't sulk over a stupid ex all day.

"But isn't your motto to make him happier by being nice to him?" Soobin pointed out, and Beomgyu's excitement died down instantly.

"Oh, yeah..." Beomgyu realised and then smacked his head. "Why does everything I do annoy him? I'm being nice to him, he shouldn't get annoyed! But at the same time, I love how I'm the reason he's getting angry. He's an asshole." Beomgyu giggled, and Soobin raised an eyebrow.

"An asshole...in a friendly way!" Beomgyu clarified, and Soobin let out a sigh. 

"You're being friends with Taehyun now?" Soobin asked, and Beomgyu smacked his head down on the table. A loud bang was heard.

"Dude, you'll die like this." Soobin said, and pulled Beomgyu's head up. "Are you even clear about what you want?"

"Uhhh..." Beomgyu thought about it. What did he really want to do?

Did he want to continue to be how he was with Taehyun from the start; mean, unfriendly and awful behaviour, or should he just try to realise that he was too human, and he had his own problems. Which obviously included Beomgyu himself. Being mean to him after knowing that he was sad on the inside wasn't exactly the nicest thing to do.

And Beomgyu was a nice person. Only when it came to Taehyun, he changed, but otherwise, he was soft.

Maybe Beomgyu and Taehyun didn't necessarily be mean to each other. Maybe Beomgyu was the one who was going to initiate the proposal of friendship.

"I want to be nice to him." Beomgyu declared. "I don't want to fight with him and be annoying to him anymore. And hopefully, he'll do the same." Beomgyu said.

Soobin shook his finger indicating a no. "Whatever you do, you can never get Taehyun to be nice to you. you've been enemies like ever since you guys were born. It'd be super funny to see you guys be actually nice to each other."

"Hush." Beomgyu said, silencing Soobin. "I'm gonna do what I can."

_________________________________

updates for the next week will be extremely irregular or maybe non existent :(