thirty

I looked at the mirror to check my appearance once again and when I got satisfied with my looks, I grabbed my handbag and proceeded to the door. I opened and saw my bestfriend waiting outside.

"Wow, looking good there miss Kim" she winks then she walked with me as we headed down the building. Yonsei University is only a few blocks away so we decided to just walk to save gas and to avoid contributing to air pollution.

"I thought we'll meet inside the campus?"

"Have you forgotten? Outsiders cannot enter the premises without an ID or a presence of a Yonsei University student" she says.

"You're bragging that you're a student there again" I said then nudges her.

"So much for an SNU student" she nudges me back but she hit me a little stronger. To get even, I nudged her harder. We continued doing that until we didn't realized we arrived at the school.

Rosé presented her ID card at the guard while entering and when we're finally at the campus, we are met with tons of people. They're also probably from different schools.

"Rosé! We've been looking for you everywhere. There's a problem with the vocalist, what do we do?" A panicked student runs to Rosé when she spotted her. Rosé turned to me with a troubled look.

"It's okay" I said. I scanned the surroundings "I think I can-"

"Thank you Jennie!" She ran with the student.

"-handle myself" I finished my sentence as I watch Rosé's back gone from my sight. I'm going solo now.

I started to walk around trusting my guts on which directon to head so I can go to the main stage where the event will be held. It's already mid December so the weather is chilly especially at night. I shivered while walking but I just ignored it because I already found the main venue where the event will take place. There are more students here than the entrance a while ago.

It looks like the program will start anytime soon so I headed near the students. After a while, the program started with the opening remarks. Rosé is nowhere to be found and hadn't texted yet. The people at the stage are done with their little speech and are already proceeding to the first part of the program. The opening of lights. The MC leads the students to countdown in, "10"

"9"

"8"

"7"

"6"

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

And the lights opened.

"Jennie?"

The whole school lit up. Students have mixed reactions but one thing is for sure, they all felt enchanted and mesmerized by the beauty of the lights.

As I look in the eyes of the one who called my name, the fireworks began. It's so beautiful but I'm more drawn in her eyes.

"Lisa"