forty nine

"Jen, I think you should probably stop now"

I heard Lisa's voice in the background but I didn't spare her a glance as I focus on this machine in front of me.

I've been trying for a couple of minutes now and I still can't get that stuff toy.

I inserted another bill only to turn it into another fail.

"What is wrong with this stupid thing?" I muttered then hit the machine lightly.

"Are we going now?" Lisa asked when I started to walk away going to the cashier.

"What can I do for you? Do you want to exchanged points you've earned?" the person at the counter asked.

"How much is that claw machine? I want to buy that one."

"Woah what was that?" Lisa dragged me away from the cashier.

"Lisa, I've been going on for minutes now and I still can't get anything. They surely loosen its screws so it cant pick up anything and it's so irritating so I'm just gonna buy it!"

Lisa laughed at my outburst. Great.

"What's funny?"

"Why are you adamant in playing that game?"

I looked at her.

"Because I saw a cute stuff toy and I wanted to give it to you."

She smiled.

"Listen, how about I try to play that?"

"As if you can get it in one try. I didn't even get one when I played so many times."