part eight.

4:48pm

I practically ran home, although that wouldn't do anything to speed up time, only how long it took me to get home. The quicker I got home, the longer until I met his eyes again.
I opened the door to our apartment and I don't think I realised how frantic I looked.

"Everything okay, Kara?" Elle's elbows holding her up on the kitchen island.

"Yes, why?" I paused and took a heavy breath I didn't know I needed.

I furrowed my brows. "You seem like you're in a rush." She spoke, chewing on something.

"Oh? I didn't even realise. I have a date—with Rob." I added his name like they didn't already know.

"Are you late for it?" She smiled.

"No." I looked at her blank for a moment. "I didn't realise I was rushing. I'm just excited—and nervous." I nodded my head.

"Hold on a minute." She held a finger up, and scrunched her nose with excitement.

"Okay." I squinted my eyes, curious to know what she seemed so eager on.

She walked in and out of her room in the space of a few seconds. Alissa emerged from her room at the same time as Elle, in sync. Elle held a red dress, with a low cut on the front and back. She kept her eyes on my face, wanting to see my reaction but I was still clueless. She laughed.

"Do you want to wear it, tonight?" She held the dress up to me.

"Really? I wouldn't want to ruin it." I told her.

"You wouldn't, and it would look better on you than it would on me." She took my hand and dragged me to my room.

Alissa followed behind Elle, although she had no idea what was going on, she eventually caught on. I was pushed, lightly, into my room. Elle closed my door, hinting at me to get out of my clothes now and into the dress. I was unsure about it. If I couldn't fit into it—to if a boob would pop out while we ate. Maybe he wouldn't mind but I don't think it's appropriate at a restaurant. I didn't even think about the coldness, but I liked to keep the mentality that weather doesn't effect looking pretty.

"Are you dressed yet?" Alissa called behind the door.

"Just a minute." I had the dress on and I looked in the mirror.

The door opened. "Woah." Elle spoke.

"Thank you for knocking." I joked.

"That looks so good on you." Alissa told me.

"Are you sure?" I brushed my hands down the dress, I turned back and fourth to get a full look at the dress.

"Most definitely." Elle smiled and nodded.

"Well now that that's been sorted, leave. So I can get ready." I pushed them out of the room.

Predictably, I was finished getting ready early. I sat in my room, until I decided to join the girls in the kitchen. I looked once more in the mirror and walked down the hallway. I saw the girls both at the kitchen island. I smiled and turned to see him sitting on the couch.

I jumped out of my skin. "Oh my god." I muttered. He smiled.

"How long have you been here?" I asked him, switching glances between the girls and him.

"About," He looked down at his watch, "five minutes."

"Why-why didn't anyone tell me you were here?" I let a laugh out in slight relief.