part ten.

10:04pm

He left a kiss on my neck. I sat beside him on his couch. There was no television or music on. We sat in a comfortable silence. We just got to his apartment and I was surprised by how late it actually was.

"How's work?" I asked him, and I felt him flinch under my touch.

"Sensitive topic?" I giggled.

"No, you just scared me, speaking out of the blue." He smiled.

"It's good. I just had to finish talking to my agent earlier and getting some paperwork done. I'm sorry, again." He told me.

"I told you, don't worry about it. Anyways, that was hours ago." He rubbed his lip with his index and ring finger.

"Plenty more of Alissa and Elle's parties to unwillingly attend to." I joked.

His hand rubbed my knee softly. His eyes searched the room, cluelessly. I licked my lips and wondered what he was thinking about. He was so occupied and distracted recently. He seemed reserved with his work, which I respected. It didn't mean I wasn't interested in what he was doing, and I wish he told me. Every-time he would shiver or jump when I asked him about work, concerned me.

"I'm going to have a shower." He said out of the blue.

A oblivious smirk on his face. He lifted my legs from his thighs. Standing up and slowly walking to his bathroom. I squinted my eyes watching him look back every second. I pursed my lips. He closed the door, flipping the lock.

"Wow, my lock must be broke." He shouted.

I laughed, and he heard. I heard his footsteps, and the water ran. I would leave him for a few minutes. I sucked on my teeth. I stood up and slowly tip-toed to the bathroom. His phone buzzed right in-front of me. I would never be the type to look through someone's phone, but if it was a brief glance at his home screen. Maybe it wouldn't count. The text was too long, that a lot of it cut off and I couldn't see it.
The part read:

'Reminder about your flight. Don't forget your script, or any other essentials."

I was completely confused, and on instinct my eyebrows furrowed. My lip twitched. I wanted to immediately run in and ask him about this. I had no idea what it meant. However, no one wants anyone to look through their phone. My light footsteps disappeared and I opened the door. I kept a straight face. His face was gleaming through the foggy glass but he didn't speak.

"You have a flight?" I asked him. I didn't undress to join him.

He slid the shower door open. He was naked and wet. A sight I never minded seeing but now wasn't the time. I prayed he put a towel around him. He gulped.

"Yeah." A weary tone.

"How long will you be gone?" I smiled. I was clueless as to what he would say next.

He walked out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. He quickly but smoothly walked past me. I followed him. He sat down on his bed. I stayed standing, waiting for a reply. I wasn't sure why he was giving this such a dramatic pause.

"A year and a half." He spoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's for a film. I got the lead role. I did an audition a few weeks back, and got the part. The contract says that the filming will last about a year or maybe less, with press and interviews and everything, it's unpredictable."He was flushed.