part fifteen.

10.11pm

Since that day at work when we talked, we hadn't spoken to each other since. It felt like we were both weirdly avoiding each other yet we barely said anything to cause that currently. I checked my phone, and I hadn't spent any longer in bed than I thought.
I had gotten out of bed, my room was dark. The only form of light in the room was the screen of my phone I was constantly checking.
I turned the light on in my room, to once again reveal a blank room. It wasn't exactly that late, and I wasn't sure why I was sleeping so early.

I franticly, and quietly walked around my room. Sometimes stopping to look at the poster on my wall, which was placed beside the only vinyl I own. I felt like I was looking for something in my room to help me find where I was. I hoped this poster and vinyl could give me all the answers I've been looking for. In this moment I felt completely unknown to everything and it hit me at once. I slightly ran and slightly walked to Maya's room.
I opened her door, and walked to her bed. I sat on the edge and my eyes adjusted to the light from the window quickly. The shift in weight on her bed woke her up, as she came to meet me, she hugged me.

"I don't know what to do." I confessed.

I wasn't sure if I was crying and I don't think she was sure either. I sniffled a bit, before pulling away from the hug.

"What's wrong?" She asked me softly.

"Everything has just happened all at once. I feel so overwhelmed and confused. And I feel I have so many things to decide on, but I also don't have those decisions to make." I immediately regretted saying the last part, because I knew she would know.

"I know, babe. It's hard moving so much, I know I probably seem so put together," She joked, and I laughed, "But I understand. You don't have to worry. Just take your time and get used to things, no one is rushing you." She explained.

"Was seeing Rob too much?" Her tone was soft, but laced with nervousness for the question she asked.

"Honestly, yes. We left off on such a blank note. I feel like we didn't ever solve anything, and that was two years ago. I didn't think about it, or him much since, but seeing again hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't love him, it's not that, but it made me think about Shaun. I just don't think it's working." I admitted finally, to myself and Maya. I was scared Maya would jump for joy.

"That's okay. Seeing someone so suddenly and being shocked is normal, and painful. If you really want my advice?" She hinted at.

"Yes." I pleaded.

"Talk to him." This sentence felt like a maths problem. I didn't bother asking her who she meant, but I took it to my own interpretation.

7:03am

To my honest surprise, I woke up next to maya. This made me regret getting a single bed. She was awake beside me, seeming to be awake long before I did. She smiled at me happily.
I sat up and looked at her.

"Work today!" She playfully and sarcastic cheered. I smiled at her.

"I almost forgot." I joked. I almost, actually did.

After last night, I almost felt at peace. Although nothing had even happened, except finally telling someone else how I felt. It felt nice to know Maya was there for me and would listen.
I wanted to talk to Robert and Shaun, but I wasn't sure when.
I knew if I talked to Robert before the Saturday dinner, it would be painfully awkward between us, and I don't think anyone would want to sit through any awkward tension. when I thought of talking to Shaun, I wasn't sure what that meant.