21

Karl POV

Millie was gone when I woke up, I felt kinda sad about it but I quickly brushed it off, it doesn't matter. Right?

"Good morning." George said, he was sitting at the island. I sat on a stool one away from him and rested my head on the counter. "You okay?"

"I'm just confused." I half smiled.

"About...?" George pushed, running a hand through his combed hair.

I picked my head up and quickly realized what I'd said. "Nothing, it's okay." I scrambled.

George seemed to widen his eyes and stare at me for a long time.

"What?"

"Are you gay?" He asked flat out.

"No- well- no. I'm bisexual but that's- that's not what I'm confused about, it's actually the opposite."

"So you're confused about a girl?"

Damnit. I stayed quiet and flicked my eyes over to the stairs, making sure Millie couldn't overhear anything. "I.." I didn't know what else to say.

"So you are." George smirked. "And that girl is Millie?"

I looked back at him, surprise lacing my eyes. "Um." I stalled, awkwardly looking at my hands. "Please don't tell anyone, please."

"I won't, I promise." George set his phone to the side. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I shrugged. "I- I like her but her brother i-."

"Who's brother?" Clay asked as he came out of his room with damp hair.

George looked at me with an 'I'm not lying to him' stare.

"What?" I asked like I didn't hear.

"You said 'but her brother'." I released a sigh of relief knowing he didn't hear the first part.

"Oh yeah, I was talking about my sister, Corry."

"Aren't you her brother?" Clay asked with a little laugh.

"Yeah but I meant Sean."

Clay nodded and started his coffee, when he turned his back George unlocked his phone.

George

tell me later
also i won't tell clay but i'm not going to lie to him

—————

I read his message and then put my phone back in my pocket, getting up and going back down into the basement. I laid out on the bed, running a hand through my hair and groaning quietly.

George POV

"Good morning." I said to Clay as he took his mug of coffee.

"Good morning." He leaned over the counter and peck my lips. "We should go to the beach today."

I nodded and put my elbows on the counter before resting my fingers flat on my cheeks and watching him. "Sure."

"What were you and Karl talking about?"

"We were talking about his sexuality." This wasn't a lie, we were.

Clay looked a mixture of confused and worried. "What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "He's bi."

"Bisexual?"

"Yes Clay, that's what it means."