Chapter three

Later that same night, I really couldn't sleep, this kind of environment just really shivered me. It was too quiet and too clean, I was so used to noise everywhere and mud on the walls, but nothing like that here. Marble walls, total darkness and silence. I tossed and turned while I was in bed, sighing frustrated. I couldn't get it out of my head, I had to do something. I sat up and looked around, I couldn't see much, but I saw a candelabra. I lit it and git to my feet. I started to lit every candle in the chamber to make it get a little warm light.

That made me feel at least a little better. I saw the balcony doors across the room, the window doors were showing the forest, that got me thinking of home. I missed my mother, and I missed being there. I made my way over to the window doors, looking out at the forest, sighing.

"What is going to happen if I don't succeed? If I don't go through with it?", I asked myself, nervously and concerned. "I know what's gonna happen, I'm either gonna die by the royals or by my family, at least by stepfather, cause he does not care about me.", I started walking back and forth, folding my arms against my front torso. "This is to no use, why me? I don't know anything about this stuff, but it's certainly too late to back down now, and if I do, I know for sure he would hurt me just like he had done before.". I sighed, shaking my head. "What was I thinking? I can't do this.".

Then I started to breath heavily, finding a struggle to get air as I kept walking back and forth. It felt like the walls were pushing towards me and making everything smaller. This was all just so overwhelming. I felt like I couldn't do anything. I stopped walking for a moment, placing my hands upon my chest, trying to focus on breathing. And then, I heard some footsteps outside my door, who would be up this late? It sounded like they were running away, maybe someone is panicking too. I looked back at the balcony, I couldn't take it anymore, I needed fresh air. I ran towards it, opening the doors and the wind hit me instantly. I took a deep breath and it started to slow down. I have never had a panic attack, I haven't had a reason to, I cannot let them find this out, I just can't.

I stayed out there for a couple of minutes, just focusing on my breathing, feeling it slowly calming down and myself along with it. I looked up at the night sky, smiling as I saw the stars, feeling totally clam.

There was a knocking sound on my door, I looked towards it concerned. I made my way to the door carefully, and grabbed onto the handle to open the door. On the other side stood I got sight of a tall man with blonde short combed hair, it did not cover his chocolate brown eyes that met mine, and he gave me a light warm smile. He had a white buttoned long sleeved shirt on, covering his muscular upper body, matching with black pants. His soft face looked like something that should be on every single painting, and in someway, it was. I knew exactly who he was, Prince Maxon.

"Your highness.", I gasped, looking at him concerned. He certainly didn't look like he did on all those paintings around the castle, or how I imagined he would look like. Maybe it was just my tiredness taking over, but he almost looked calm, like a normal person in some way.

"Hello, my dear.", he gave me a nod. "I noticed that your lights was on, is something wrong?".

I chuckled, smiling ever so slightly. "It's nothing, I just... I can't sleep.".

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not? You're not liking the room?".

"No no, the room is beautiful. It's just that I'm more used to sleeping with a lot of noise and dirt around me, and here well... it is very silent and cleaned, it warns me off a bit.", I told him, trying to hide my nervousness, I did not expect to see the prince until tomorrow.

"How come?".

"Umm... my home is very close to the forest, therefore all the noise, but here is just... silence, and I'm not just used to it... but that is also because it's my first night of course.", I chuckled, and so did he. "I was thinking about leaving the balcony door open if that's okay.".