Prologue

P R O L O G U E

~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~

A book lay open in the forest, its cover was a dark black but worn down as if many souls had passed through its pages. The pages were thin and flimsy with little tears along the edges, the edge of the bind of the book was torn as well. An earth made hand reached up from the earth as a beautiful earth made woman with bright green leaves as her hair and flowers as eyes rose from the earth gracefully. "I need a hero for my land as there is too much blood spilling upon the earth, will you become my hero?" she questioned the book that lay under a willow tree.

The willow trees branches nearly brushed the ground as the books pages fluttered as the woman's hand neared them as if answering her question. The woman smiled and lifted up her hand causing the willow trees roots to lift from the ground and gently bring the book into the middle of its roots where they had formed a circle around the book hidden under the earth. Closing her petals over the middle of her eyes she sighed as flowers as well as feathers began to fall from the sky and onto the willow as well as around the willows weeping branches.

Unseen to the naked eye the book began to curl into a circle that soon became a flower, it opened its fragile petals, safe from the dirt and world that lay beyond the rooms of the willow tree. In the flower was a girl, she was curled into a ball with dark blue feathery wings surrounding her, the wings had black and white tips much like a mocking jay wings. They shuffled outwards slowly as the girl warily opened one eye which shone an astonishing silver, she looked around at her cradle of protection. The willow trees roots, though the branches were thin and weak,  they were also strong and thick enough to hold back the pressing earth.

The flower girl, who was now sitting on, was laid out on the surprisingly soft petals. They were a pale creamy white with different swirls of pale gold, black, dark blue, and white. The girl stepped onto a flower petal and was surprised by its ability to hold her weight without falling or bending, she stepped onto the earth and walked over to stairs made from the dirt and willow roots. She walked up the stairs to find the willow tree had transformed into a small hut that was inside the willow. A woman with the earth as a body and flowers as eyes looked up to smile at her softly.

"Vita I hope you are alright my little flower?" she questioned the girl who recognized her name and nodded deciding not to speak quite yet. "My name is Mother Nature, let me explain to you what is going on and what I have manifested you for," the woman said nodding to the chair across from her for Vita to sit which she did. Vita took her long dark navy blue hair into her hands and fiddled with it nervously as Mother Nature finished with her story, "What can I do?" she questioned her voice as soft as the flower petals she had awaken on.

"My people, both Codexians and humans, are too scared to go up against the council, I need you to lead them," Mother Nature said as she waved her hand in a circle causing an earth made wolf to rise up from the willow tree. The hard packed earth crumbled off of the wolf revealing a rich brown coat, its gaze opened showing dark brown eyes that hinted towards red. Mother Nature brought her hands together causing the animal to turn towards her as one of its eyes turned to astonishing silver as hers. Vita let out a gasp as she felt her soul expand and one touch hers.

My name is Howl, a strong feminine voice echoed through her head. "Howl is your guardian, her soul is linked to yours, if you die, so will she," Mother Nature said looking warmly at Vita as she watched the wolf known as Howl with an inquisitive gaze. Mother Nature raised her right hand to allow a silver bow with black arrows to rise up from the ground, she stepped forward and handed them to Vita, "These are yours, you will know how to use them, you must first seek out the humans and gain their trust, go, start the Revolution," she whispered causing Vita to nod and grab her bow and arrows and run out of the hut with Howl right beside her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Vote

Follow

Hey this is Equinox (My friend is Luna) and this story (Unlike my other one, The Reborn) I am writing myself. I am open to critcisms but please do not just hate on me I am a new writer so yep I hope you enjoy my story! :D