Chapter 8 Like Father Not Like Son

Hey guys I hope you enjoy this chapter!

C H A P T E R 8 : L I K E F A T H E R N O T L I K E S O N

~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~

After Vincents surprising revelating I hung around my tent before deciding to head over to talk to this so called 'menace' to the UR. When I stopped in front of the one metal cage in the UR I was surprised to find out that he was completely shackled down, his hands were shcakled together as well as his feet and a shackle went around his neck, all of the shackles were connected to the ground. "Are you here to stare and poke at me too like a wild caged animal!" he snarled jerking forward against the chains. I rolled my eyes not at all intimidated which seemed to surprise him.

"No actually I'm not, since Vincent seems to not know anything I have to ask you myself, why are you here?" I said with a soft sigh as I awaited the boys answer, he was just staring at me in an unreadable expression. Raising an eyebrow was the thing that caused him to break, "I was looking for a way to escape my father," he mumbled his head hung in to hide his eyes causing me to narrow my gaze.

"Show me your eyes when you answer me, and why?" I barked out softening my voice on the last question as he looked up, his piercing dark violet gaze showing off his soul causing me to swallow slightly at the pain he bared at me. "He didn't treat me right and I did not agree to the way he was treating humans," he mumbled. "He killed someone you loved, most likely a human," I wondered causing his gaze to jerk up as he gazed at me in surprise.

I smiled softly, "I may be with the enemy right now but that doesn't mean I'm heartless or unobservant," I said with a slight shrug. "Yes I fell for a human girl, before her I was just like one of those Codexians who hurt for fun but she changed me, she showed me how wrong it was," he spoke softly. "We met secretly until one of the humans ratted out on her, she was taken right in front of me and they killed her right in front of me as well, with her screaming out my name as they cut off her head," he sobbed hanging his head.

A single tear trailed down my cheek as I drew in a sharp breath, "What's your name?" I asked softly knowing that I couldn't merely free him, even if it was a terribly sad story he could be making it up though the look in his eyes were showing me opposite. "Kellen," he murmured after he picked himself back up and shoved his sadness away, "Nice to meet you Kellen I'm Vita," I said with a half grin dipping my head at him.

After the long talk with Kellen I wandered around the camp wondering what to do; I couldn't ask Vincent to free him because he is the son of the leader of the council, but I couldn't just leave him in the cell. "Well you look troubled," Damien said as he stepped next to me, today he was wearing a black tee with black cargo pants and black boots. "I'm troubled because I think that you wear too much black," I said with slight grin at his scowl. "Well maybe I like black," he shot back, "Plus it looks good on me," he added with a wink.

I snorted, "Nah not really." "Why are you so mean," Damien whined as he begun to pout and stomped his boot on the ground childishly causing me to roll my eyes. "Your just too adorable to think of as sexy," I cooed pinching at his cheeks causing him to huff and reach to tickle me causing me to leap away with a shriek of laughter. I took off across the camp with Damien chasing me as I dove behind Swift causing her to smile slightly in amusement. "What is going on here?" she asked with a fake frown.

"Vita called me adorable," Damien whined frowning at me causing me to snicker and Swift to roll her eyes, "Maybe because your acting like Valerie," she jabbed causing him to scowl. "Meanies," he grumbled as he turned and stomped off causing Swift and I to burst out laughing. Shaking my head I allowed a sigh to escape my mouth, "What are we going to do with him?" I asked turning to face Swift who just shrugged at my question. Swift was wearing a pair of dark blue ripped jeans with a black tank top and a black leather jacket over it. I was wearing a pair of black leggings with high heeled boots and a dark black and blue flowered sun dress.

"So you talked to the Dragon boy?" Swift asked me giving me a knowing look, "Yeah," I muttered with a shrug of my shoulders at her expectant look causing her to huff, "Fine then don't tell me," she muttered. I smirked at her, "I won't thanks," I cheered causing her to swat at me to which I dodged with a laugh.

When night finally came I walked over to the cage, "Night Kellen," I said to which he mumbled a reply before I turned and walked back to my own tent. I picked up two chicken sandwiches from one of the venders on my way back to the tent where I gulped them down before crawling under the blanket and falling asleep quickly.