Chapter 2 The Underground

Hey guys its Equinox again, I hope you enjoy the chapter! :D

C H A P T E R  2 : T H E  U N D E R G R O U N D

~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~ [x] ~ [X] ~

"Swift why is there a Codexian in your house?" and angry whisper reached my ears causing me to slowly wake up, "She saved Arabella from Damarian, she wouldn't let me toss her out," I heard Swift snap back. "Well then let me do you the honors," a dark voice reached my ears, my eyes shot open as I allowed my wings to snap open causing the people to leap back to avoid beind hit. I tapped my bow twice causing to change into its sword form as I crouched on the couch, facing the owner of the voice who was about the throw me out.

Howl was no where to be seen causing my wings to raise up, their tips turning as sharp as razor blades as I glared at the man. "Where is Howl?" I questioned my voice holding a dark promise of pain if they had harmed a hair on Howl's head. "With Arabella," Swift said stepping forward as she crossed her arms, I took a long look at the man before letting my feathers return to normal as they folded against my back. The man had silver hair with dark crimson red eyes, he was just a bit taller than Swift and had twin katanas against his back.

I leaped off of the couch, right in front of him as I gazed up at him before taking off my bow and arrows. My wings stretched out to their fullest as I settled down on one knee and lowered my head, completely leaving myself vulnerable to him. Howl let out a low growl as she prepared to leap forward, I held out one hand to stop her, 'How can they trust me if I do not trust them,' I thought to her. She released a low whine as she watched the man with wary eyes, opening up my mind I saw through her eyes as he looked down at me with absolute surprise.

His face hardened as he picked up my bow and arrows and jerked me to my feet causing me to return to my own sight as I looked up at him as he shoved my weapons at me. "Get yourself ready, we're going to the Underground," he said as he clicked his fingers causing a boy who was a bit taller than Arabella I guess his height to be 5'4 one inche shorter than me. He had blazing red hair and bright green eyes as he grinned at me, "The Underground is awesome," he said as he lead me farther back into the house where under a rug was a hatch.

Pulling open the hatch they jumped down into a sewer where I leaped down after them, we walked a bit in the dark before the man grabbed a torch and lit it. I jerked my head up as I sensed many arrows pointed at us at the moment. In a second I leaped in front of the group as my wings turned to metal, I stretched them out so they were in front of the group. Howl leaped in front of me as she growled at whoever was pointing their arrows at us, "With the whispering in the wind, and the anguished screams, we will rise and fight, for the right, for the good, for the forever!" Swift called out.

Suddenly lights flickered on to show that we were not in a sewer but in an underground room with many tents. Ropes were placed on my hand, they attempted to wrap a rope around my neck but I jerked backwards and shot them a deadly glare. Howl allowed a rope around her neck but they placed no more since she would snap at them anytime they tried. "Swift who is this?" the man questioned watching me with a frown. "This is Vita, she wishes to help with our revolution," Swift murmured.

Untrusting grumbles spread throughout the Underground, "I mean no harm," I spoke softly as I tucked my wings flat against my back. I allowed them to take away my bow and quiver but quickly spoke up when they were about to take Howl away, "Um excuse me but she would feel more comfortable if she was with me, if you take her away I cannot guarantee her cooperation," I murmured. They looked at me astonished, I was sure they wouldn't listen and would continue to take Howl away until the man gave a short nod and they led her away with me.

We were led to a very large cage that was made of wood, it held three occupants, all obviously Codexians. The first one was a tall male with rich red hair and burning golden eyes, he obviously came from a book with demons due to his horns and devils tail. The second was a boy about the size of a 10 year old, he obviously was kidnapped due to his wide frightened gaze. He had silver hair with pale yellow eyes, his yellow eyes were slitted and he had white cat ears with a white cat tail. As I stepped into the cage the demon shot me a withering glare that causing me to scoot to the corner.

I unfolded my wings which were hidden against my back and curled them around my small frame, hoping to take a nap. "Um h-hello," I heard a little girls voice, much younger than Arabella, speak to me outside of my barrier of feathers. Peeking out I noticed that the girl had dark pink hair with tiny red horns and a red devils tail. The demon who had glared at me was standing behind her looking not at all pleased with her talking to me. "Hello," I murmured with a soft smile as I drew my wings back a bit so that she could properly see me. She smiled and criss crossed in front of me.

"My name is Valerie, this is my big brother Darius," she spoke confidently with a wide grin causing my own smile to widen. Suddenly a large brown blur tackled me causing me to grunt as Howl flopped down on my lap, "I'm Vita and this is Howl," I said as I scratched behind her ear causing her tail to thump against the bottom of the cage. "Wow I haven't seen a real wolf, only in books, can I pet her?" Valerie asked causing me to nod. 'Be nice,' I thought to wolf causing her to give out a wolfy snort as she licked Valerie's hand. "So how did you get stuck here?" Valerie asked.

"Oh I came here to join the Revolution," I said with a shrug causing the little neko boy in the corner to perk up and make his way over to me. "Really?" he asked softly as he stopped a bit away, "Yep," I said noting that Valerie was still in shocked silence and Darius was staring at me with a surprised gaze. "So I guess you guys don't hear that every day?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "Yeah, nobody is brave enough to go against the council," neko boy spoke up softly causing my wing tips to sharpen at the mention of my enemy. "The council has fallen off the path of good," I murmured.

"Well since I can't keep calling you neko boy what's your name?" Darius spoke up fixing his gaze on the young boy whose eyes widened. "Veto," he murmured shuffling closer to me, "Darius relax you look like your gonna bite his head off," I muttered as I curled a wing around Veto after the tips had returned to normal. "So how did you guys get caught?" I asked raising an eyebrow at my new three companions. "I was exploring the town after dark and they took me before a patrol could," Veto murmured. "We wandered around looking for the place and one of their patrols found us," Darius spoke.

Our conversation was interuppted when a group of soldiers approached the cage, "Our Leader will speak with you now," the lead guard said causing all of us to stand up and be led out of the cage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Vote

Follow