ℙ ℝ 𝕆 𝕃 𝕆 𝔾 𝕌 𝔼

𓂀 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤 𓂀

𓂀 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤 𓂀

_____________

HE SAW THEM SITTING at the meadow nearby their house. It was quiet that night, the only noise being that of a gentle breeze, the nocturnal animals whispering to each other, and their voices. Both murmuring to each other, one a bit more high pitched than the other.

He looked down and saw the child curled up next to her guardian's side, pointing to the stars. She was talking about the various constellations she learnt about that day, The sky was clear of all clouds, as she babbled on about her current favourite, Perseus, her guardian just smiling as she looked at the child, a peaceful look of content on her face.

"... and he married Andromeda. He's also one of the only Greek heroes to have a happy en-", the child interrupted her jabbering with a yawn. Her guardian just chuckled lowly.

"Come on, little one. I think it's time to go to bed", the girl looked up at her guardian, her eyes wide and shining as she pouted at her. "No. Don't you dare give me that look. You need to sleep."

She looked down, her face forlorn, but he saw the small flicker of genuine sadness in her eyes, and couldn't help but sympathise when he why.

She slowly picked herself up from the ground, and walked home. She grinned at the stars before crossing the threshold. And the stars weren't the only ones smiling back at her.

He spared a glance back at Astrid, who lay there in the meadow. The grass swayed against her slightly, the wind nipping at the skin that was left exposed. She smirked at the sky, as she said, "You don't need to worry about me. I swear I am fine."

I know Astrid, I know, he wanted to say. Instead he suppressed a laugh and focused back on the child. She was lighting the candle on her night table, the flame offering little light to the dim room. She walked to her bedroom door, closed it and settled herself into her bed, covering herself with a blanket.

She glanced at the candle, looking like she was debating whether or not to blow it out. But unfortunately, her choice was taken from her when the open window let out a puff of wind into the room, extinguishing the little flame and immersing the room in pitch black.

He might not be able to see the her anymore, but he can sure as well hear her. Hear her increasing breaths, her soft murmurs of reassurance against the dark and loneliness, as well as the soft scratches against her blanket, a sign of her growing anxiety. And then he heard the hissing.

Soft hissing, coming from her. He wasn't sure what it was but he had a definite idea of what it could be.

It was finally happening.