ℂ 𝕙 𝕒 𝕡 𝕥 𝕖 𝕣 𝟚

𓂀 𝔸 𝕊𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕪 𝔸𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕪 𓂀

_____________

Maeve woke up with a splitting headache and sore throat. The sore throat was probably psychosomatic pain. She learnt that recently when she the nightmares began to get more frequent and realistic.

Dragging her body up from the comfortable bed, Maeve bustled around her room, trying to get decent for the day.  Why? She didn't know. It wasn't like there was anyone here to impress anyway.

She made her way to the window and pulled away the curtain, allowing the early morning light to enter the room. The soft glow of the dawn allowed Maeve to see the garden outside, giving her satisfaction that her tomatoes were faring well. She remembers all the love and effort she put into them as well as all the other agriculture she has been growing. Astrid would always hammer it into her: you're still short, eat the healthy food to grow up. And now that she was grown up, she can't break the habit. Besides, it gives her something to do in her time of almost solitude.

A soft growl-like snore shook her from her wandering thoughts. She turned around and her guarded eyes landed on the small black mass curled up on the end of her bed. Her gaze softens as the mass continues to snore gently. Deciding to let it sleep him sleep in, Maeve quietly exited through the doorway and went to the kitchen.

The old man that she currently lived with had once told Maeve how he went into a coma-like sleep that was supposed to reenergise him or something. She thinks that his 'power nap' didn't do its job properly, since all he seems to do is sleep and eat. And of course regale her with tales of his son's in all their glory (She thinks he might be overexaggerating them at times- it cannot be possible for a single man to defeat the leader of the Dark Elves all on his lonesome.)

Opening the kitchen entrance to the backyard, Maeve grabbed the gloves and tools from small container outside. She made her way to the garden and started going through them all, plucking the ripe and juicy produce from their stems, digging up unwanted weeds, and watering them with satisfaction. By the time she was done, the sun had finally shown its whole face and she had a basket filled with all sorts. Enough to feed a family, or in a very large and extended this case, two special people and their very hungry friends.

Making her way back to the kitchen, the black haired girl started washing the dirt and mud off in the sink. After getting the cutting board and knives ready, the girl turned around at the hearing of shuffling. Taking a quick glance at the clock reading ten, she stared back at the sleepy and tired form of the man from her dreams. Clad in loose clothing and looking very mundane.