CH.2 Winter Contingency

30 minutes later

F/N P.O.V

I was minding my own business till we reach the objective, but I got out of my train of thoughts thanks to Carter, who wants to explain the mission

Carter:"Listen up, Noble Team. We are looking at a downed relay outpost 50 clicks away from Visegrad. We are gonna introduce ourselves to whoever took it out and then Kat's gonna take it back online."

Kat:"Just get me under the hood, commander"

Jorge:"Sir, why would rebels want to cut off Reach from the rest of the colonies?"

F/N:"What if our enemies are not rebels to begin with?"

Carter:"Whatever or whoever they are, our mission don't change. You got a chance, maybe you can ask'em Jorge."

Kat:"Commander, we just lost our signal with HQ"

Not good.

Carter:"Backup signals?"

Kat:"Searching...Nada, can't say what's jamming us."

Carter:"You've heard her, dead zone confirmed. Command will not keep us company this trip."

This is the first time I see rebels with any type of jamming device. I don't like this...

Emile:"I'm lonely already."

Our falcons are seen moving through mountains, some of those having little buildings, were civilians are living. The pelicans began landing in a little hill.

Carter:"Once we are out, keep your distance."

Pilot:"Yes sir!"

Carter:"Let's stay focused, watch your sectors."

Jorge:"There is the communication outpost."

Jun, Six and I look to our right and see a big building, not too far away from our current location.

Kat:"We have a distress beacon."

We look down to see some houses and what seems a vehicle in fire.

Carter:"Let's check it out. Put us down in the ground. Jun I want your eyes in the sky. Six, Seven, with me."

Jun&F/N:"Sir/Copy that, sir."

We landed, and Carter, Six and I got reunited with the rest of the team, except Jun who stayed in the falcon looking for any nearby threats.

Carter:"Alright Noble Team, spread out."

Six and I got our weapons ready. She got an AR and I got a DMR.

We began going down the hill, cautiously. Emile climed up a big rock to check out the surroundings.

Emile:"Sector point 3-4, looks clear from this angle."

We keep going down, towards the houses from later.

Kat:"Distress beacon up ahead commander, we are close."

Carter:" Roger that. Spread out, find the beacon"

We arrived to the location and began looking for the beacon, while keeping an eye for whoever did the damage. Emile began talking.

Emile:"Founded the beacon"*he throws it to Kat * "Make out any ID?"

Kat:"Negative, but it's military"

Jorge:"So, where are the troopers?"

Suddenly, I heard a subtle sound. I don't know how to describe it, like... air hitting an energy force? I looked to my left and saw a transparent image, but as soon as I saw it, it disappeared.