CH.14 Last man standing.

F/N P.O.V

After the chat with my father, i went to the hangar, waiting for my team to return from their mission.

Who is that AI that is so impo-

???:"ALARM. INCOMING ENEMY CORVVETE CLASS SHIP. ALL UNITS REPORT FOR DEPLOYEMENT."

An alarm sounded around the spaceship. I runned towards my father's office to ask for orders. Once i reached it, i enter to see him loading a magnun.

Keyes:"They are attacking the shipbreaking facility we are hiding. I want you down there. Give us as much time as you can, we need to wait for Noble Team to retrieve the VIP."

F/N:"Understood, sir."

I went to the armory and grabbed a shotgun and a rocket launcher. I was gonna be alone for this mission, so i had to be prepared for anything. Once i was ready, i exited the ship. It was landed near the facility, but the Covenant didn't see it.

I entered the facility and explored the area. I only saw some marines on guard, surprised to see a spartan there. But no Covenant on sight...

???:"Hey."

I turned around to see Clara, walking towards me. She had a SMG in her hands.

F/N:"Glad to see a familiar face here."

Clara:"Indeed. I have been in this facility all day, but i didn't saw any Covenant in here. Nor did i saw an enemy ship."

F/N:"What? So, it was a false alarm?"

Clara:"I doubt it. If they triggered the alarm, they must have detected something. But, why would the enemy let us do that?"

F/N:"Maybe they know we are here, but not our exact location."

Clara:"That makes sense, but why triggering the alarm anyways?"

F/N:"Because they wanted us to go check it out..."

Clara:"What?"

F/N:"Carter said, The Covenant was hunting something. What if they are hunting us? With us i mean, us spartans. Im not the only spartan here."

Clara:"The chief... so, if im correct, they wanted you out here to kill you and then the chief?"

F/N:"I guess. But im not su-"

???:"Clara! This is Foxtrot 1-4-1! We are gettting attacked by- We need support at-"

Clara:"1-4-1 do you copy? Soap, i repeat, do you copy? Shit."

F/N:"They are here. Let's move."

Clara nodded and followed me. I searched around the facility, but there was no one. Just a complete silence...

Just when i was about to give up, i saw blood on the ground. I touched it, it was warm. I looked to my right to see a blurry image. Just like...

I grabbed my weapon and fired on that image. The camouflage of the elite went off. He was shocked i saw him and didn't have enough time to react, so i fired again, killing him.

Clara:"Camouflage? This is bad."

F/N:"Focus. They are not fully invisible. You can see them a little."

Clara got really close to me and aimed at random directions, trying to find more of them. We start hearing footsteps coming from all directions.

F/N:"They are surrounding us. Stay sharp."

I had an idea. I grabbed my rocket launcher and fired at the first footstep i heared. When the missile exploded, i killed 2 elites. The bad thing is, the other didn't liked this, so they all grabbed their swords and attack us. I picked Clara and started running. I could fight them, but with Clara here, i had to be extra cautious.