George (royal pain)

First George oneshot by himself :D

This is a royal au. George is the king >:]

I feel like I did quite good at the start and then it fell off near the end :/ tell me what y'all think about it. This is a long one guys.

Warnings- swearing, character death, fainting, feeling sick, gore, being locked away, headaches, forced affection, forced swallowing

——————————————

Your eyes stared dumbfounded at the letter that sat on your lap. Your thumb grazed the stamp that sealed the envelope shut with caution as your mind tried to understand why this had been given to you. It was blatantly obvious that this was sent by a member of the royal family, and it was also blatantly obvious that you were a commoner in this worlds dynamic.

You worked in the stables with the horses that were owned by the rulers of your kingdom, however you'd never met nor seen one of them. You'd seen some guards occasionally come to make sure you weren't slacking off but that was expected. There was a few strange experiences where two guards, one who had a mask on his face, and another who wore a white bandana around his forehead, would come and actually ask you questions about your personal life. You felt the need to respond, so you did. They were nice to talk to in a way, but those talks were very random and uneven. Never predictable.

Maybe you were getting fired? You thought to yourself as your sweating hands now clutched the letter tightly causing it to crumple up a bit. Your job was one of the highest that a commoner could get, you were picked because you were kind to the animals of the world and the old lady who wanted to retire chose to have you take her place. The job didn't pay all that much, but it payed better than most, therefore you didn't wish to loose said job anytime soon. Plus, you found yourself start to enjoy the company of the creatures, and they enjoyed yours equally.

You gulped down the sickly feeling that sat in your throat and carefully began opening the envelope, trying to keep it as neat as you possibly could. You pulled the letter out from within the grasps of the paper that protected it from the eyes of those who weren't meant to see it and unfolded it delicately. It read:

'Dear (full name),

By the request of his majesty the king, your presence is required at the royal palace tomorrow evening at seven. We request that you wear something regal if you own such materials, and that you behave in a suitable manner when you are in the same vicinity as his royal highness.

You will be escorted by the kings most trusted guards and you will arrive by carriage. Please do not share this information with any relatives or acquaintances under any circumstances.

Sincerely, the royal palace.'

To say that you were in shock would be an understatement. You had no idea what this meant, had you done something so wrong that the king himself felt the need to scold you, or were you getting promoted for your efforts in the stables? None of this made sense but you found yourself scrambling to see if you had any formal wear that didn't look scruffy, which was a difficult task to complete.

You didn't have much clothing, you just had what you deemed to be the necessary amount, which was quite little due to how low on income you were. Your chest was tight with stress as you racked your brain for any memories of buying something that would make you look somewhat presentable for this event. You found the only outfit that made you look slightly better and placed it on your bed ready for tomorrow.