The Coincidental Encounter

The cafeteria was still vacant at 7 a.m because most of the class started at 8 a.m and there were not many students around except for the ones who had club activity. Even it's still a bit early for Yin.

"I was wondering why you agreed to come with us today, what's that?", Ohm, the president of the swimming club also the third year senior, sat beside Yin while pointing to Yin's half eaten sandwich.

Despite Ohm being older and practically Yin and his close friend, Prom's senior, they never called him 'Phi' because they've been close friends since elementary school. Ohm wouldn't like being called phi anyway, it made him feel old.

"and in such a cute wrapping plastic too, what's that? Monkey patterned?", Prom sat in front of him.

Yin just shrugged and ate his sandwich that War had prepared for him. He kinda expect the sandwich to be simple and common like egg and ham sandwich but War actually did a great job preparing a Japanese mayo egg sandwich with some cabbage and tomatoes in it. The wrapping plastic was totally War's personal belongings, Yin couldn't remember having those in his kitchen.

"What's with you today?", Prom looked at his friend funny.

"I know very well that Nam Taffy didn't prepare that? You got a girlfriend?", Ohm asked teasingly.

"What? I just brought sandwich and you two think I've gone crazy", Yin bite back.

"So? Aren't you gonna tell us anything? Yesterday you missed a race and suddenly you brought a breakfast today? What happened to you?", Prom stopped eating just to look directly to Yin.

Both Ohm and Prom were now looking at him full of expectation. Yin weighed in the pro and cons of not telling them and he hated how he knew his friends won't stop bothering him if he didn't tell.

"Yeah, War made them for me", Yin said completely unbothered. Not realizing his two friends were looking at him completely shocked.

"War? who's that?", Prom straightened his back. That's a new name.

"The one who made this. I told you didn't I?", Yin said as a matter of fact.

"No, I mean who? New maid? or new boyfriend?", Ohm was also curious about this War that Yin's talking about.

"What boyfriend, my grandma has been fostering him and his brother since a week ago and they've been living in my house for three days", Yin once again explained calmly.

There was a pretty long silence from Ohm and Prom after Yin dropped the fact that two people had been living in his house like it was no big deal. Wong Family never let anyone outside their family to live in that big ass mansion. So this is a pretty big deal.

"How can you still eat that sandwich like you didn't just drop some huge news?", Prom felt frustrated about how indifferent his friend could get.

"and how did he ended up making you sandwich?", Ohm asked again when he saw Yin just shrugged to Prom.

"He felt bad that I had to pay the fine for missing the race because I had to take his brother to the hospital", Yin explained.

"Ah so that's the urgent business huh? And you actually accepted his offer? That wasn't the first time you missed the race and the fine wasn't that much for you anyway", Prom asked bewildered.

"Well... I want to eat breakfast for once", Yin said, making the other two even more confused.

"Damn, this War kid, he's good man", Prom whispered to Ohm.

Ohm nodded, "Three days and he'd already done this much to the ice prince"

"I still can hear you two, y'know", Yin said while cleaning the plastic after he's done with his sandwich. "It's just a sandwich... also stop calling me ice prince"