Special Chapter 2 : War's Battle - pt.2

Yin knew he had done something horribly wrong the moment he saw the first tears dropped from War's eyes and when his boyfriend shook off his hands and ran out of that place his hearts dropped.

Yin called out to War's name but the man seemed to not care about anything else but fleeing from the reception. He ran after War but he always been a little bit faster than Yin so his efforts were useless. He stopped, panting in front of the door while he saw Win's car drove by and he cursed when he caught a glimpse of War crying in the passenger's seat.

He needed to get things right but before that he needed to know what caused this whole thing, so he came back to where the accident took place. When he arrived, Mel already stood up, while her father was comforting her. People were gathering around them, including Ohm and Fluke. The sight made Yin felt even more responsible, it's their reception after all.

"Khun Anan, I don't know how to feel about this", he said when he saw Yin back from his chase.

"Sorry about that sir", Yin politely apologized and turned to Mel, "Sorry, but can you tell me the detail? what actually happened?"

Mel, was quiet and seemed to refuse to talk but her father nudged her. He didn't look pleased at all, beside him was Prom with anger clear in his face.

"You better told him what actually happen young lady, too many witness here for you to lie and acting like you're the victim", one of the guest spoke loud enough for the others who gathered around them to let out sound of agreements.

"I.....okay fine, that Wanarat didn't push me, I fell on my own", she said.

"Then? What caused that exactly Mel?" Prom said, "Speak Mel, you were so chatty earlier, spitting out so much bullshit"

"Prom.....", Fluke who also wanted to know what happen trying to calm his friend.

"C'mon, tell him what you said to his boyfriend", Prom was too pissed to care though.

"Mel, what did you say to Khun Wanarat?", her father, clearly worried, chimed in.

"Ughh fine! I told him that it's time to break this pretend relationship off because you have to marry me! Isn't that right tho? You shouldn't marry a man but he thinks he has the right to tell me I'm wrong when I'm not!", she said while clutching her soiled dress, face red with anger.

"You said .....what....... to my boyfriend?"

The more Yin heard about the detail, the more he felt dizzy, hearing what actually happened and the things that had been said to War made him want to throw himself on the edge of the cliff. He should've had listened and asked before scolding War.

"I'm not wrong, right Yin? Remember the promise that our parents made? We're supposed to get married, Papa said-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH MEL!", her father cut her off, "How many times do I have to tell you?! That promise meant nothing! Mrs. Wong didn't approve it because Khun Anan doesn't want to proceed with it! It's been years since it's being called off, what's wrong with you!"

"But Papa!"

"No! You need to apologize to Khun Anan!", her father firmly said then he turned to Yin and bowed deeply, "I apologize for my daughter's behavior, please accept my apology"

"No, sir. You don't have to apologize"

For a moment Mel's face brighten, thinking Yin was siding with her.

"Sorry, but your apology isn't needed here. Your daughter is the one who needs to do it and it's not me she should be apologizing. My friends, Ohm and Fluke for making ruckus in their reception and", Yin turned to her with such a cold expression "To my boyfriend, for insulting him and his family"