𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐀𝐩𝐧𝐞𝐚

Me and Henry were both panicking at this point, He looked at me with such shock. I had never seen Mrs. Fraser so Frantic before. I was scared because this is not like Mr. Fraser, Leaving his phone while going on a trip to another state? Cleveland was pretty far from here.

"May..?" Henry says wearily as he looks up at me, It startled me because he looked like he was gonna cry, I sat back down on the bed next to him and I held his hands, Hoping to comfort him.

"It's okay henry there has to be a reason Like maybe he's just on the plane! He said he was gonna come back earlier."

"Yeah, your right" He smiles slightly.

"I'm gonna go talk to my mom maybe I can convince her to stop worrying as well." He says to me.

"Of course," I say bluntly trying to hide that my reasoning wasn't the best and I hardly know anything about what's going on.

He smiles wider this time and walks out.

𝐇𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

I'm so scared, I don't know what's going on. I'm so thankful Amber's here right now. She really is something. She means so much to me I just don't know how to tell her.

I'm now at my mom's door before I walk in I go

"Mom?" not stern or anything but somehow my mom gasps as if I've just scared her.

"Oh God," She says

"What?" I say looking at her

"you scared me! don't do that." She states

"I just said mom-" I say confused as I walk over to her

"What's wrong with you..?" I ask concerned

"I don't know where your father is, He's not returning calls he's not returning my emails, Nothing! and it's just- doesn't make any sense.." She says the last part sounding worried

"Is it possible that he just Doesn't have internet?" I ask thinking of something quickly as I sit next to her.

"He's at a medical conference henry. He Has Internet." She says bluntly.

"Alright, so he's usually terrible about checking in.. right? You guys fight about it all the time! And he usually has those dinners after the conference- If he's at the dinner But he doesn't have his phone.. Then how is he gonna communicate with you?!" I say quickly

"Or- Or maybe he's on the plane! Cause he did say he might get back earlier.. Right?" I said using what Amber had told me

"Yeah, your right." My mom says

"See?" I say to her

"Yeah- he's on the plane.. Flying back to us." She states to herself to reassure herself and me.

"don't worry it's fine!" I say smiling

Just then my dad's phone rings and my mom grabs it so fast I can't even process it.

"Hello?! Hello? Jonathan?! HELLO?" she screams into the phone while nodding her head slightly, Suddenly she hangs up and looks at me and is silent for a bit then continues with,

"hung up on me.."

I look at her "Someone called, heard your voice.. thought the wrong number and hung up." I said

She smiles at me and I hug her as she kisses me on the forehead.

From there we stay there for a bit till she says "I bet ambers waiting for you"

I look at her and smile

"You two earlier seemed to-" she smiles but I cut her off by saying

"no no no mom stop" while I laugh a bit.

"Okay okay! I'm just saying you two would look really cute together!" she smiles even wider

"Goodnight mom!!!" I say trying to end the awkward conversation and I walk out of the room and into mine where amber's laying on the trundle bed on her phone. But her head shoots up when I walk in.

"Henry Hi," She says with a warm smile.

I look at her, shes truly so beautiful I can't help but smile back

"I was thinking um-" then she hesitated a bit 

"Actually never mind um I'm just gonna go to bed." She said and my face faltered. 

It was getting late so I just agreed.

That night I had trouble sleeping though. It scared me the thought of my dad not bringing his phone with him on the trip...

But I think what scared me the most was how the murder had just happened and my father just disappeared.

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°

The next morning

𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯: 

I awoke to see henry gone. It startled me a bit so I looked around. I could hear the tv going downstairs and assumed he was down there, so I got ready for school and headed down there.

Sure enough henry and Mrs. Fraser were there eating breakfast.

"Oh, Goodmorning amber," Mrs. Fraser said. She seemed off though.

I heard the Tv going "The murder was so brutal Mrs. Alves was beating with some sort of weapon a numerous amount of times." the reporter said.

"May grab something to eat before we go," Henry said. I love how he always looked out for me. He was truly so kind I liked that very much about him.

With that, I grabbed a fruit and we grabbed our things and headed out.