Plan B Pt III

I sped through the intersection going 98 mph with the cops atleast 4 seconds behind me. There were 3 cop cars total so I'm guessing the backup that Flame mentioned before had finally joined the party. The alley was approaching fast but I was fully prepared for the maneuver I was about to execute. I went out wide, crossing into the oncoming traffic side of the street. I made some quick calculations and before I knew it I was turning the wheel and pulling on my E-brake like a pro as I drifted into the alley. The windshield wipers were a blur as they cleared rain and the debris from the alley out of my way. I peeped into the rear view mirror to see the first cop car slide past the alley way, the second car rear end him and the third car be able to slow down quick enough not to collide with the other two so that he could turn down the alley.

I exited the alley and made a right turn onto Magnolia Boulevard going 50 mph. My eta updated from 8 minutes to 4 minutes and 16 seconds. Flame's eta would be atleast 2 minutes. I had to punch it. I smashed the gas pedal to the floor and the V8 engine roared as it gained speed through downtown Southern Hill. Just as I ran a red light I heard a gunshot smash my back window. I glanced in my side mirror to see that the cop that made the turn with me was right on my tail. I needed to shake him fast.

The GPS notified me that in 1.2 miles I needed to turn right onto Albany Street followed by a left turn onto Deacon Street. I would definitely be able to lose the cop after Deacon Street because it was a straight shot after that point. The driver of the cop car was experienced as a driver. He tried to pit maneuver me twice but luckily for me he was unsuccessful.  I was just glad he stopped shooting at the car, he was damaging a classic and it was pissing me off.

Traffic picked up a little bit by the time we turned onto Albany Street. It was time to see how good of a driver this cop really was now that we weren't alone on the road. Just ahead of us the light turned red and traffic coming from the left was given the green light to proceed. Some turned down the oncoming side of our street, others were going straight across the intersection while the rest of them made a left turn. I sped up and mapped out my route to cross the intersection. I figured to successfully cross unscathed I would need to get into oncoming traffic first and then merge back over once I got to the intersection that was .2 miles away. Unless the cop was right behind me, he wouldn't be able to cross successfully, which is what I hoped for.

As we got closer to the intersection he gained speed. I was assuming he was going to stop but instead he got right on my rear bumper so I sped up some more. He was really determined to see this through to the end. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel and merged into oncoming traffic swerving around a Toyota Camry. Horns were blaring, people were yelling, cars were swerving but none of it mattered. I had a plan and I was sticking to it, I guess the cop was going to stick to it as well.

His siren and flashing lights saved many lives when we crossed the intersection, maybe even our own. I was honking my horn as I drifted through the pedestrian walkway as well, trying to prevent any accidents. Hurting innocent bystanders wasn't our MO, that's why good old Charles wasn't harmed. The cop and I made it across the intersection safely. I can't say the same about the people we caused to slam on their brakes and crash into other cars. As long as there were no casualties I could sleep good at night.

Flame would be waiting for me three blocks down. Knowing her, we would have a casualty on our hands if I didn't lose this cop before I arrived at the rendezvous location. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that he was still on my rear bumper so I slammed on the brakes, fortunately for him he swerved out of the way just in time. That had put a little distance between us. Two blocks behind more police cruisers were itching to catch up to us. I wouldn't let it happen. I smashed the pedal to the floor and the BMW leaped forward like a leopard, launching me through the next intersection. Just ahead I saw Flame parked on her bike. I only knew it was her because she has neon green lights attached to the bottom of it. I flashed my bright lights to let her know I was approaching. As I passed her she put on her helmet, squeezed her clutch and ignited her motorcycles engine.

She was driving a custom built BMW S 1000 RR. The factory version recorded top speeds of 193 mph, hers was capable of going 210 and that was only because she ran out of road. We don't know how fast her bike truly is. The cop car whizzed past her and she took off behind it, gaining on him quickly. She pulled up to the passenger side of his car and when he looked over she waved her hand. The cop turned his head to face the road so he wouldn't crash and by the time he looked back at Flame she was waving her pistol. It was a Beretta M93R. An Italian pistol used by their police force that just so happened to be a 3 round burst. Blaze had an Italian pal who owed him a favor so getting the weapon to the states was fairly easy.

She aimed the Beretta at the hood of the police car and let out 4(12) shots. Smoke eventually began seeping from under the hood and the cop car gradually started losing speed. Just to be careful she looked back and shot his back tire out causing him to start swerving uncontrollably. She was able to speed up just as he was about to crash into her. She did a wheelie and sped up to where I was. There was still another set of cops three blocks behind us. We needed to leave this area and fast.

We had a 20 second window, max, and every second of it counted. I drifted into an alley and Flame turned down behind me. I parked the car, jumped out and pulled some black tarp from the trunk and began to cover the car. "Out of sight, out of mind," said Flame as she helped me hide the car. The sirens were getting closer as she handed me a helmet. "We gotta' get outta' here fast," I said, to which she responded with a head nod. We slid back onto Albany Street, making a right turn out of the alley to see the cops had just made it through the intersection.

"Hold on, I know a shortcut!" exclaimed Flame over all the police sirens as she made a left turn at the next light onto Deacon Street. I hoped she knew where she was going because the police figured out she was involved with the shooting of the cop car back there and started firing shots at us. She was swerving in and out of lanes, sometimes crossing over to the oncoming side of traffic. I was more worried about getting shot by a cop than I was worried about Flame wrecking her bike. This motorcycle was her baby and if anything happened to it, I feel sorry for whoever did it because she would hunt them down to no end.

We went down another alley, making a right turn to exit out onto Patriot Street, which is when I knew where we were, and where she was going. She was about to get on the interstate. Oh fuck me, I thought to myself. I clenched to her tightly as she sped up and merged into the busy traffic.