Aftermath

Skinny Puppy softly played as I gloomily vegetated, sprawled out on Michael's floor, a fraction of my frame wrapped in a purple comforter. The tall boy sat vertically on his bed, with one of his long digits grazing his thin lips to convey his descent into deep thought. 

"I don't understand what his problem is. I can't believe that he would fuck up both of our relationships to him." I mumbled as I squirmed slightly on the wood. 

Michael's eyes darted to me, and he removed his finger from its resting place. 

"Exactly. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I mean I've been thinking about it nonstop! I just need someone to tell me what to do..." he trailed off. 

I had never seen him so vulnerable before. Worry hung above his head like a grisly storm cloud, threatening to dump sheaths of rain upon his visage. 

"I wish I knew too. I wish I could make you feel better." My eyes met his and his lips formed a lopsided grin.

"Come here. Sit with me." The goth patted a spot next to him on the bed.

I struggled to untangle myself from my blanket nest, but I soon succeeded and joined my boyfriend.

"You know, you've made me the happiest I've been in a long time." His eyes were glued to the floor, as if he was ashamed of his statement.

"And you, I. Let's stay in for the night. You've done enough thinking. You deserve rest." I uttered and brought his pale cheek to my soft hand. He gazed upon me with a look tinged with adoration and lust.

"I like that idea" he growled as his large hand met the back of my neck, and our lips interlocked. 

Our kisses grew fervently more hungry and animalistic. Our mouths formed unheard words as we lapped at each other with an insatiable yearning. 

I felt his large hand creep onto the velvet fabric of my shirt, hovering gently above my breast. The goth pulled away and asked for consent through a breathy sigh. I permitted him to do whatever he pleased to me. 

"God you're so..." he breathed as he ripped my shirt in half. "...fucking beautiful."

... 

October was nearing completion, and it's blazing inferno was becoming a dull crunch on the pavement under my shoes. 

"Shit." I cursed, as the sticky remnants of my ice cream cone flooded onto my hand. 

"What happened?" The towering form behind me inquired. 

"Ah, just my ice cream-" I explained, however it was a challenge to articulate the words, since my tongue was reaching out to lick the melted desert off of my palm. 

The goth sidled up next to me as we strode down the far-stretching sidewalk that was peppered with warm colors from the trees above. He snaked his arm around my waist. I attempted to conceal a grin, but failed and looked up at him with starry eyes. 

"I'm so sorry, my love." His deep voice would never get old to me.

"It's alright," I chuckled. "But on a serious note- what are we gonna do about Pete?" 

The incident had occurred just 3 days ago, but it was still fresh as a bleeding wound in my mind. I could still feel his chapped lips upon mine, grasping for some spark of love. 

Michael's face grew stoic, he narrowed his eyes and threw his head back in a sigh. "God, I wish I didn't have to think about that asshole."

"Same here, but if we really wanna work things out, we've gotta talk to him at some point."