Bitter.

The coffee was a warm contrast to the biting cold that was pervading my mind, however it's bitter nature made a pact with my unfortunate situation. A familiar yet distant figure sat parallel to me, drumming his gloved fingers on the wooden table beneath them. 

"How are you feeling?" A female voice cut through the silence behind me. 

I swiveled my head around to meet the owner of the mysterious voice, and saw none other than Henrietta. She cautiously approached me and brought her comforting hand upon my shoulder. 

"Do you remember what happened?" She knit her brow. She appeared to possess a strange air of worry.

Fragments appeared in my mind as I desperately attempted to recall the past events... the only thing I could make out was... 

"I think I fainted." I stated matter-of-factly.

"You didn't faint..." I had almost forgotten about the figure across from me, until he spoke those three words. I turned around and saw a face so familiar yet foreign, a voice so welcoming, yet cold... someone I used to know, or maybe not...

"I'm Kyle. Kyle Broflovski. But I'm sure you already know that." He extended his green-clad hand for me to shake. I did so tentatively.

Then it all clicked. That damned tv show. He was one of the lead subjects throughout the whole series! Of course I recognized him! It was like seeing an old friend, but colder in a way, because he had no idea who I was. He swept a fiery curl away from his pale face that was splattered with freckles. He kept his emerald eyes glued onto me, awaiting a response. 

I shook myself from my stupor and managed to emit a strangled cry of, "Where's Michael?!" I suddenly remembered that I couldn't actually recall any of the events that just unfolded, and had no clue where my boyfriend was.

"He's at home, don't worry. He got a little scraped up- but he'll be alright..." Henrietta explained.

"What happened? Just tell me what happened!" I demanded frantically.

"Well, I was walking home, and saw two dark figures standing by a lamp post. Turns out it was you two." Kyle began. "Apparently I got there just in time to see your boyfriend just fucking drop to the ground. I think he must've fainted or something. Anyways, you just kinda stood there, all the while this person was slowly approaching you guys from the bushes... that's when I got the feeling something was wrong. I started running towards you, I think Michael had woken up by then and you were kneeling down or something- but I wasn't quick enough to stop that person from hitting you on the head with this like-big rock. You passed out cold, then he started trying to drag Michael away, he was struggling and shit, but still kinda woozy. But thankfully I caught up and pulled him off of your boy. The attacker just ran away into the neighborhood... then I brought you here." Kyle's cheeks grew rosy at the culmination of the tale, and he halfway beamed with pride.

"Wow... so that all happened? Thanks for saving Michael from certain doom, Kyle." I rubbed the back of my head, discovering a tender gash.

"Oh it was no problem, I'm always here to help the residents of South Park!" 

"So, Y/N... we think we know who that was- the man that attacked you." Henrietta cautiously interjected.

"I think I know too." I remarked bitterly, as I drained my cup. "Come with me."

-

-

-

On our journey to the dreaded 'missing' poster and back, we gathered a few new faces. One being that of Kyle's best friend, Stan, and the other being of Butters Stotch, an awkward, sickly little 15 year old that just wanted some adventure in his life. The poster was met with a mix of disgust, anger, and confusion (the latter from Butters). We planned for the horrific sheets of paper to be promptly destroyed, and for my father to pay... big time. 

"Hey, you all can stay at my house, it's up at Tegridy Farms, which is pretty far away from here, so we can plan from there. Besides, Michael and I go way back." Stan graciously offered.

"Oh sure you do" Kyle rolled his eyes and gave his friend a light punch to the arm. 

"Oh! This will be like a sleepover! I love sleepovers!" The small blonde boy piped up as he tugged on the collar of his teal button up shirt.

"Then let's get Michael on our way. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be left out of a violent plot concerning your father." Henrietta cocked her head and grinned.

"I'll drive." I stated determinedly.

"Nope! No! You just had a minor concussion! Absolutely not!" Henrietta tightened her grip on the car keys she had just removed from her bag and lightly chuckled. 

We all piled into the obsidian hearse that belonged to the goth girl, and sped off into the hills and rolling valleys of the quiet mountain town. Although it's silence was about to cease.