Imagination 2: The Anti-Hero

Disclaimer: The plot is purely fan fiction akin to a movie script. The depiction of incidents in this story is fictional and entirely unrelated to the persons after whom the characters are named. The story is not representative of any persons' view or imagination except mine.

___

With vision blurred with tears, Sivaangi read Vishal's message. Her father always advised her on the importance of studies and music and emphasized that she should focus on them whenever possible. He had even disallowed her from attending certain events and chided her late nights before, for which she would pull a long face and sometimes throw tantrums. But this time around, the harshness in his tone and words shocked her. Moreover, his refusal to allow Ashwin to bring her to the event was another surprise. Just yesterday, he was praising Ashwin to the skies and thanking him incessantly for ferrying her to the marriage function.

Sivaangi blinked her eyes to clear the tears and reread Vishal's message.

"Sivaangi, what happened to your phone last night? I tried calling you so many times and couldn't get through. In the end, I had to call your father to check whether you were okay. Are you coming to Anand anna's function later?"

Oh no! Vishal called her father! Would her father have told Vishal that it was Ashwin who picked her up? Ennapa ithu? Nambe vaazhke Sun TV serial maari aayiduchey.

Preparing herself to answer him, Sivaangi called Vishal.

"Hello, Sivaangi."

"Hello."

"Yenna oru maari pesure? Ellaam okayva? Nethu night un phonekku enna aachi, Sivaangi? Naan nine o'clockle irunthu try pannittu irunthen. Antha Ashwinoda relative-eh paatha appuram ennakku oru maariya irunthuchi. Nee pathirama un appave meet panni veetukku poitiyaanu check pannathaan adichen."

"Theriyale, da. Ennakku unnoda calls ethuvumeh varale. Appa enna sonnaru?" Sivaangi asked cautiously.

"Unge appakku naan rendu thadavai phone pannen. But avar edukkale. Midnightkku oru fifteen minutes munnadithaan call-eh return panni nee veetukku vanthuttennu sonnaru. That's all, Sivaangi. Ennakku konjam worried-ah thaan irunthuchi. Athuvum antha lady irukkure idathule unnai thaniyaa vittuttu poromnnu."

"Illai...Naan safe-ah thaan irunthen."

"Yaen oru maari irrukke, Sivaangi?" Vishal sensed a sadness in her tone.

"Onnum illai da. I guess I am just tired after yesterday's function. So naan Anand annaavoda functionkkum vara maaten, da. Full day rest eduthuttu, family kooda time spend panna poren. Nee poriya?"

"Of course! Naan Pugazh anna koodethaan poren. Aiyoo, neeyum vantha jollyaa irukkum! Konja neram moonje kaatittu seekiram kelambidalaam. Vaa, Sivaangi. Please please please come!" said Vishal pleadingly.

If only Vishal were in her living room five minutes ago, Sivaangi thought.

"Sorry, da. My father is making arrangements for us to have a family dinner, so I really cannot make it today. I will miss you, Pugazh and Bala anna but we can meet another day, okay va?"

"Nambe eppa venumaanaalum meet pannalaam but inthe maari functionle neraiye artists irukkurappa meet panna sema jollyaa irukkum. Seri, it's okay. You enjoy your dinner...and rest well, Sivaangi. I'll call later."

"Okay, da. Bye."

Sivaangi saw the time on her phone and figured that Ashwin must be in the shoot.

"Manna, I forgot that we had a family dinner tonight, so I cannot make it to Anand anna's function. I am sorry. But you have fun!"

Sivaangi was not going to trouble Ashwin with whatever trivialities happened at home. Just this morning, she wondered if there could be any more happiness than what she was feeling and an hour later, that same heart was a little down.