Imagination 6: Lovevvu Givennu

Disclaimer: The plot is purely fan fiction akin to a movie script. The depiction of incidents in this story is fictional and entirely unrelated to the persons after whom the characters are named. The story is not representative of any persons' view or imagination except mine.

___

Mrs Krishnan knocked on Sivaangi's door lightly a few times, but there was no response. Could Sivaangi have fallen asleep?

She saw that her daughter's bedroom light was still switched on from the rays that seeped through the gap at the bottom of the door. Mrs Krishnan turned the door handle and pushed it quietly, not wanting to startle Sivaangi if she was already asleep.

Sivaangi's crouched back was facing the door, and she was holding her chest and whimpering.

Mrs Krishnan got worried and took a few steps towards her daughter.

"Sivaangi, nee azhuriyaa?"

Sivaangi did not respond immediately. Instead, she slipped the phone that she was clutching close to her chest under her pillow and wiped her eyes and cheeks.

"Sivaangi." Mrs Krishnan placed her hand at the back of her daughter's head.

Sivaangi kept her head down, which prompted her mother to sit beside her. Hugging her gently, Mrs Krishnan asked, "Enna aachi, Sivaangi?

At that moment, Sivaangi's phone rang with Ashwin's call. The muffled ringing of the phone Sivaangi hid under her pillow could be heard, and her mother asked, "Yaaru koode phone-le pesittu irunthe?"

Sivaangi was trying to collect herself and address her mother's concern. Meanwhile, Mrs Krishnan sat quietly beside Sivaangi and rubbed her back, hoping it would give her some comfort.

"Social media-le negative comments padichi rhombe kashtama poyiduchi, ma. Ennaale thaange mudiyale...azhutthutten," said Sivaangi softly.

"Enna negative comments?"

"Athethaan, naan fake, ennoda voice fake."

"Ithu unnakku puthusa, Sivaangi? Naan athellam padichi affect aagumpothu ennakku aaruthal sonna ponnu nee, neeye azhalaama? Avangaloda vaarthaiyile unmai illai, verum vanjam mattumthaan irukku, athunaalethaan avange mugathe kaate bayanthukittu.. yethetho ezhuthittu poyiraange. Appadi pattavangaloda comments-eh padikrathey oru time waste...Nee azhalaama, chellam? Inge ammaveh paaru."

Sivaangi turned to look at her mother. Her face was pink, and her eyes still red from the short outburst of tears.

Holding her cheeks, her mother said, "Negative comments-naale nee azhuthu paathu rhombe naal aachi, Sivaangi. So nee solre reason-eh kettu ennakku konjam aachariyamaa thaan irukku. Appevum nee solrathe naan yethukkuren."

Mrs Krishnan paused before continuing," Aannaa vera yaethaavathu unnai disturb pannuthuna, athu entha vishayamaa irunthaalum, ennodu share pannu. Athu seriya thavarunnu yosikaame, thayangaameh share pannu. Ennakkum unge appakkum kashtamaa irukkum, naange thittuvomnnu nenaikkaathey. Naange appadi pannathum kedaiyaathu. Ethuvaa irunthaalum nambe sernthu athe handle pannikkalaam...Seriya?"

Sivaangi's phone rang again, interrupting Mrs Krishnan. She looked at the pillow and then at Sivaangi and repeated, "Enthe problem, enthe matter-ah irunthaalum naan unakkaage irrukken."

Sivaangi nodded to that. Her mother kissed her cheek, patted her back and told her to have an early night before leaving the room.

Mrs Krishnan, who was not convinced with Sivaangi's explanation, decided to keep a closer eye on her daughter to make sure she was okay.
___