Imagination 11: Please, please, please

Her hands held her chest as Sivaangi sat up in shock. She gasped, "What? You are outside my house?"

"Yah."

"Yah vaa? Haiyoooo!" Sivaangi moved her hands from her chest to her head. Enna pa ivaru colour colouraa shock koduthukitte irukkaaru.

"Nee paathileye phone-eh hang up pannitte...Ennakku... Erm, I am so sorry, maa. I am sorry, sorry, sorry. Nee sonnathellam naan yethukkuraen. Yen melathaan thappu...Just... please...see me. I just want to see you now."

"Haiyoo." This baby-man will be the death of her. One moment, he is the epitome of matureness and clarity. And at another time, his soul gets possessed by a Nintendo playing 12-year old kid. One thing was sure to Sivaangi - life will never be boring with Ashwin.

"Sivaangi maa, naan cab-le thaan inge vanthen. The driver is someone I got recently acquainted with, but...but erm...still, I don't want him to know that this is your house. Driver vandikkulle irukaaru, naan veliye ninnukittu unkitte pesittu irukken. Oru two minutes...I just want to see you."

Sivaangi listened keenly to Ashwin, each pleaded word erasing the insecurity and sadness she had felt until then. This man drove her crazy for him, and she didn't think he had the faintest idea about it.

"Give me five minutes, Ashwin. Ennoda veetu situation eppadi irukkunnu paathuttu ungalukku thiruppiyum phone panren."

"Okay, maa."

Sivaangi was greeted by her swollen, pale face framed by hair that resembled a lion's mane when she looked into the mirror. Oh wow! How does her boyfriend manage to look like he popped out of a magazine every single time while she looked like a lost, wild animal? She slathered some cream on her face and tamed her unruly hair into a ponytail. The swollen eyes and cheeks were persistent reminders of the misery she went through, and they were determined to stay for at least another few hours.

Sivaangi scurried out of her room into the living area, where her mother was in an intense discussion with someone on the phone. She straightened her shoulders and, with forced casualness, walked towards the study and then to the kitchen. She peered into her parent's bedroom and Sundar's room. Her father was nowhere to be seen.

Sivaangi walked back to the living area and motioned to her mother, asking where her father went. Her mother gestured to her to wait while she said her goodbyes.

After hanging up, Mrs Krishnan replied, "Appa associationkku poyirukkaaru, Sivaangi. Ippathaan oru patthu nimishathukku munnadi kelambunaaru. Innaikku avangalode monthly meeting irukkule...seri avarey yaen thedure? Appavum magalum onnu serndhuteengala yenna?"

The Carnatic Musicians Association meetings were dreadfully long and draggy, which meant her father won't be back for at least another few hours. Yippee! Sivaangi's lips involuntarily curled into a victory smile.

"Maa."

"Hmm?"

Sivaangi kneeled in front of her mother and held her hands.

"Maaaaa, Ashwin yennai paarka nambe veetukku veliyeh nikkiraaru. Oru half an hour naan avareh paathuttu vandhuduren please please please maa."

"Ashwin veliye nikkiraaraa? Aiyo, Sivaangi...antha pillai yethukku veliye nikkanum. Mothale Ashwiney ulle vara sollu. Anthe pillai veliye nikkirathu nallaava irukku? Appa un mela irukkure paasathule pesunaaru athukaage anthe pillaiye veliye nikka vaippoma? Nadu roadle neenge rendu perum pesa poreengala? Ashwinney ippave koopdu."

Her husband's words were likely to have made him feel unwelcome, and Mrs Krishnan felt horrible that Ashwin was waiting outside their home.

Kissing her mother's palms, Sivaangi said, "Thank you thank you thank you. Neethaan ennode pon vasantham, maa."