Finding new love (cross x lust)

(A/N contains some abuse)

Cross was standing outside of nightmares house, today was the day, after three years of being together, cross was finally going to pop the question, he walked in, making sure to keep the ring in his pocket and the bouquet of flowers hid behind his back.

Cross: nightmare? Nighty? I'm back.

As cross looked around, there was no sign of nightmare.

Cross: huh...he's probably out.

Cross was about to leave so he could come back later, but he heard a noise upstairs. Cross walked upstairs, and heard another noise, it was coming from his bedroom, he opened the door and walked in with a smile on his face.

Cross: hey nighty, sorry to barge in but I wanna ask you-

Cross froze when he saw nightmare and killer in his bed, their clothes were on the floor, they both froze midway through their session, cross's smile had completely shattered, he started to tear up when he saw the hickeys around nightmare and killers body.

Cross:...forget it.

Nightmare: cross wait-

Cross: how long has this been going on?!

Nightmare looked down at the floor

Nightmare: we've....been seeing each other for over a year

Something inside cross just snapped, he was furious.

Nightmare:...b-babe I-

Cross: DON'T YOU "BABE" ME! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! DOES THREE YEARS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?!

Nightmare: c-cross please, I-

Cross: don't bother coming home to me. I hope you're happy you cheating scumbag!

Cross aggressively threw the bouquet at them.

Cross: WE'RE OVER!

Cross walked out the room, he slammed the door shut and left the house.

Nightmare had been cheating on cross the whole time.

——————

It was a week since the incident, cross hadn't left his apartment since, he couldn't believe that the man he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with, had been seeing another man, even thinking about nightmare was enough to make cross burst into hysterical tears.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

Cross:...who is it?

Dream: cross, are you okay?

Cross: I-I'm fine.

Horror: buddy, we've been worried sick about you, you haven't left you place in a week.

Cross: oh, so you assume that whenever I don't leave my apartment something bad happened?...maybe something good happened.

Horror:...did something good happen?

Cross: of course not nothing good EVER happens to me!

Because horror was his roommate, he used his key to cross' apartment to unlock and open the door, they both walked in and saw cross curled up in a ball on his sofa, sniffling and crying, the apartment looked like a dump. Dream and horror sat on the sofa.

Dream: cross, what's wrong?

Cross:....*sniff* nightmare...he cheated on me!

Cross bursted into tears after remembering the heartbreak he felt that day, dream hugged him while horror gently rubbed his back.