11. Blame Game

Blame Game

Back at my house, I had just barely finished shaving my legs when Gabe knocked on the bathroom door. “Sang, sweetie, you almost done? I wanna’ play with your hair before you leave.” He didn’t wait for an answer and peeked his head in.

“Gabe!” Luckily my back was turned toward the door, but honestly. Didn’t these boys know a thing about privacy?

“Fuck, Trouble. What kinda guy do you think I am? My eyes are closed.” Gabe harrumphed, like he had a right to be irritated. “I didn’t hear you respond. I was making sure you were ok. And besides, you forgot this…”As I turned to see what he was talking about a warm, fluffy towel hit me in the face and then bounced onto the bathroom floor.

I tried to scowl at him, but the smile on Gabe’s face made it impossible. “Thank you Gabe.”

“You’re welcome, Beautlful. Now hurry up and get dressed.” With that, he shut the door and went back to my room, I assumed, to wait for me to get dressed.

--

Gabe had picked out a pair of red athletic shorts and a white t-shirt for me to wear for the day. It was something I would have picked out to lounge around the house in, or maybe something I would have chosen for a run. It was very comfortable and made me curious as to what Nathan had planned for the day.

A stuffed back pack sat near my doorway, but whenever I asked about it Gabe just popped me in the thigh and told me not to worry about it. When I turned to Victor for help, he would just shake his head and smile. He wasn’t any help. Luke just laughed. “No way, short stuff, I’m not spilling the beans. Nate should be here any minute. You’ll find out soon enough.” I just huffed in mock exasperation. They were helping each other out, I couldn’t be mad about that. It was actually rather sweet that they were working to keep each other’s secrets.

Luke was lying across my bed, watching Gabe as he applied my makeup. When I complained, he promised that it was only going to be a little tinted moisturizer and some mascara. “Shit Sang. You have to be the only girl I know that’s ever complained about getting her hair and makeup done.” Gabe continued to grumble under his breath while I focused on staring at the ceiling and not blinking. If I was able to wear lounge clothes for the date, then why did I even need makeup?

Victor was on the floor, sitting against my bed fiddling with his phone. “Are you excited, Princess?” Victor’s question seemed genuine, and I bit my lip, nervous about how to answer. “Nate’s got a fun day planned. You’re going to have a lot of fun, promise.” When I met his gaze, Victor smiled sweetly. No doubt he could tell that I was a little edgy. Victor was always so perceptive of my feelings and moods.

My finger started to push at my lip, and Gabe reached over and pulled it away. “Stop that, Trouble. You have nothing to fucking worry about. Not with us.” His voice had lowered and I could have sworn I felt it pulse through my body, touching the deepest parts of me- making me feel things that I didn’t have a name for. Gabe still hadn’t let go of my hand, and slowly he brought it up towards his lips, pressing a warm kiss on my palm and then lying it on his cheek, covering it with his own.