Chapter 18

Kiyata was completely baffled to see this person or rather an old friend.

Kiyata: N-14.

N-14: Hehe, nice to see ya, pal.

The two of them got to their feet as they smirked at each other.

N-14: Seems like you've been rather well.

Kiyata nodded in response.

Kiyata: Living at Ryozanpaku.

N-14: That martial art place that guy Hayato runs?

Kiyata: Yeah.

N-14: That so. Are you sure they're not doing anything to you?

Kiyata: They're not.

N-14: Are you sure?

Kiyata: Yeah. They're not.

N-14 stayed quiet before he sighs.

N-14: Well if you say so.

Kiyata: How you here?

N-14: That's a long story. Said as he pointed behind him. How about we talk in my home.

Kiyata nodded in response as he followed him. The two of them entered N-14's house as he took a seat on the ground. Under the tarps, it was something similar to a tent when a person goes camping. N-14 had a refrigerator as he used his tail grabbing two drinks as he handed one to him. Kiyata took it as N-14 sat down near the wall, opening his drink.

N-14: I'm surprised that you're alive. Said taking a drink. I heard that you ran into that flame bastard Endeavor.

Kiyata: Man, power everything. Said taking a drink. Stubborn asshole.

N-14: Hehe, reminds me of those two. Said as he looked at him. You know who I'm talking about, right?

Kiyata nodded in response.

N-14: Honestly, I thought myself and Tirgex were the only ones that escaped.

Kiyata: You and T-19 escaped?

N-14: That's right. After we caught word that you didn't return, most of us thought that you died. Though that was the fate for everyone who failed to listen to him. Said as he placed his hand over his chest. Of course, the devices attached to our hearts are fail-safe.

Kiyata: Yours, still have?

N-14: As far as I can tell, I still do. Said in a sad tone. It's a miracle that it didn't activate when we fled. Otherwise, I would be dead along with the others.

Kiyata: How many?  Tell me.

N-14 stayed quiet for a moment before he spoke.

N-14: After you failed in your mission, Kyudai continued to experiment on us. With the numbers that were multiple of us died when things didn't go his way. There were several hundreds of us at the start possibly a thousand or two, but now there are roughly two or three hundred of us or so.

Kiyata stayed quiet as he clenched his fists tightly.

N-14: Just hearing the cries of the others while they were being experimented on makes me utterly furious. Said as he gritted his teeth. Just what the hell did we do to deserve all this?!

He slammed his tail on the floor rather aggressively.

N-14: Not to mention, those damn Heroes just see us as damn monsters with no place in this damn society!! What the hell makes us so damn different from them?!?!?!