Chapter 21

???: You can't send one of us home! We just got here! I mean even if it is the first day, that isn't fair!

Aizawa: What and natural disasters are? Power-hungry villains, hmm? Catastrophic tragedies that wipe out entire cities, no. The world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to combat that unfairness. If you want to be a pro you're gonna have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years, UA will throw one terrible hardship one after the other at you. So go beyond, Plus Ultra style. Said as he smirks. So it was no mistake that you are here.

Everyone had their own reactions to this as Kiyata was excited about this. He looked at Midoriya as he was rather nervous. Seeing this, Kiyata taped Midoriya's shoulder with his fist getting his attention.

Kiyata: You got it.

Midoriya looked at him for a moment as he smiled being reassured by Kiyata.

Midoriya: Right.

Aizawa: We're already wasting too much time. Let the games begin.

The first test that they were going to do was the 50m dash. The first two to go were Tenya Iida and Tsuyu Asui. The bot at the end told them to get ready and made a gunshot sound effect signaling to start the dash. Immediately Iida dashed rather quickly as he cleared it in 3.04 seconds, skidding to a halt not that far ahead.

Iida 'thought': At 50 meters, I can only get up to third gear.

Narrator: Tenya Iida. Quirk: Engine. As you can see his legs are really fast.

Aizawa: Well, he's like a fish in water. It'll be worth seeing how the others do in this test.

As for Tsuyu, she manded to clear it in 5.59. The next two who were up next were Mashirao Ojiro and Ochaco Uraraka. Uraraka's quick, Zero Gravity, allows her to nullify the gravitational pull of any object she touches however if she goes over her capacity, she'll get really nauseous. Ojiro's quick is Tail which effectively functions as a third arm that he can use to grab things, and it's strong enough to break objects made of metal and support Mashirao's body weight. They finished the 50 dashes with Ojiro finishing 5.59 seconds and Uraraka in 7.49 seconds. Kiyata was up next with Shoto Todoroki.

Bot: Ready, get set, go!!

Instantly Kiyata dashed forward running on all fours while Shoto used his ice quirk to help move faster across the ground. Shoto started to gain the lead in front of Kiyata which he didn't like at all. In one step he shot himself forward bolting past him along with the bot.

Bot: 3.79 seconds!

Kiyata skidded to a halt while he looked back as Shoto crossed the line with 3.94 seconds.

Aizawa 'thought': Seems like this test is something he excels at. With his quick, acting like a dog seems to be something I'll have to fix one way or another. Though I'll worry about that later.

After his turn, the rest of the class went as they went onto the next test which was the group strength. They were giving a device that would measure their grip strength. Kiyata never saw anything like this as he wasn't sure how to take it.

Kaminari: What did you get, Kiyata?

Kiyata: How does work?

Kaminari: Oh you grip it like this and squeeze it. Here I'll show you.

He showed Kiyata how it worked as he got a score of 60.0 kgs.

Kaminari: See? Now you try it.