Restoring the mess that happened...

Days have passed since that painful day happened... I had to stay home from school and do my school work online while taking care of my mom at home. Penny visits me often just to see if I'm okay, but I'm doing my best.

Gumball: *sighs and texts Penny on his phone*

how is your mom doing?
fine she is doing fine
okay good! when are you coming back to school?
tomorrow i will come back to school and i hope i don't have another terrible day with jamie again"
i don't know... jamie has been angry and wanting to punch someone the past few days
i hope its not me

Nicole: *laying down on her bed* Sweetieeee! Do you think you can get me some water?
Gumball: I got it! *gets up and goes downstairs*

She's a little, uh... how to say it- dehydrated from the illness.

Gumball: *comes inside her room and hands her a bottle of water* Here.
Nicole: Thank you, Gumball. *takes it and opens the cap drinking the bottle*
Gumball: *sighs and sits down on the chair of her laptop*

I feel like I should ask her, but I seem too clingy... 1 should leave it for later or... ehhh...

Gumball: Mom...? Am I a good boy?
Nicole: Of course you are! You have a big heart and have the potential to do anything despite people thinking you can't.
Gumball: Ah- Okay! I just felt like I wasn't since... since I used to be so bad and making so much trouble.
Nicole: Honey... you don't have to be perfect for me. Even if you make some mistakes, you're always my little gummypuss. *smiles*
Gumball: *smiles a little* Thanks, Mom. *grabs his phone and finds a ping from Penny*

if she does mess with you, will your mom be there?
I don't know if she will

I think she will come to save me, but she's barely out of the house because of her- no, wait, she goes out for chemotherapy, but I'm not really sure...

Gumball: *gets up* I'll go make some soup. *leaves the room*
Nicole: Thanks, honey. *smiles*

The next day was the day I had to come back. I expected it to not be pretty as I've been through too much, I guess.

Gumball: *enters the bus and sees everyone staring at him*
Tobias: *whispers to Alan* Looks like he had an episode for more than a day!
Alan: But at least he didn't go to school and had free time, right?
Gumball: *walks slowly to his seat*
Darwin: Jeez! Everyone's curious about us! *sits beside him*
Gumball: I know... I better hope something good comes out of today...
Sussie: LOOK! *points at a window* A BUTTERFLY!! IT IS FULL OF COLORS!!
Gumball: *takes out his headphones and puts them on*
Darwin: Uhhh... Yeah, me too. *takes out his headphones as well and puts them on*

The day went on fast. It seemed like everything would be fine!

Gumball: *takes his tray of spaghetti* Thanks, Rocky. *heads to a stool table and sits down at a seat* Mm... *grabs his fork and takes a bit of the spaghetti* Mmmm...
Penny: Hey! *sits down right beside him with his tray*
Gumball: Oh! Penny! Hi!
Penny: How's everything going with you and your mom?
Gumball: T-Totally fine! My mom's doing better!
Penny: I wonder... why you don't sit with Darwin a lot?
Gumball: Well... You know how I used to be so selfish and always involving others in my problems?
Penny: Yeah?
Gumball: I'm trying not to involve him in anything bad... I want to deal with things myself.
Penny: But he's gotta help, you know!
Gumball: True, but... I-
Darwin: Hey, Gumball! *sits right beside him* How's it going?
Gumball: Oh! G-Good!
Darwin: How's school and how's Mrs. Mom?
Gumball: Well... She's doing fine and I'm doing fine so far.
Darwin: Good! *smiles* I just wanted to say, uhh... 
Penny: That you're sorry for being so jealous towards me?
Darwin: Wha- HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!
Penny: I just guessed!
Darwin: I-I- Yeah! I just- I just wanted to say... uhh, now that things are r-rough for you as you have to take care of Misses Mom now... I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I said you were selfish... And I'm sorry for being jealous of Penny... I just wanted someone to always be with me instead of being alone...
Gumball: *smiles* It's alright, buddy. *hugs him* I know you can do better.
Darwin: T-Thanks, dude... *hugs back*
Penny: Finally you guys are ending that big dispute between each other!
Gumball: Yeah, things are getting real, so... we have to be more aware of each other now.