Chapter Thirty - Moíra

Valentines Day
(February 14, 6:00 AM - Melbourne, Australia)

Oh come on. Pick up. Please pick up.

When she picked up the phone, what met me were probably vernacular profanities. "Kinsa man ni oy, manawag man tunga tunga sa gabie." She groaned and continued spraying out words I didn't understand.

"I'm really sorry I don't understand a single word you are saying right now, Rose." I said.

"Marc?"

"Yes. I'm really sorry I'm calling you at this hour." I apologized. It's probably 3 AM back in the Philippines. But I had to swallow this shame because I was desperate.

Her voice was still husky. "Did you need something for me to do again this time? You know you could always call 3 hours later. We're just 13 hours ahead of you anyway."

"Uh no. Actually I'm in Australia."

She gasped. "Oh yeah! It's early morning there right? So I'm sure you've met up with Michelle already! Were you surprised? Omg. You're not the only one who knows how to surprise ey?" She said in a very proud and mocking tone.

So Michelle didn't tell her. I don't know if I should be happy that I got spared from more shame, or if I should be disappointed that Michelle hasn't shown any signs what she's doing since the incident.

"I am surprised. It's just that-"

"Just that?" Rose's tone shifted from thrilled to worried in an instant. "Just that what Marc? What did you do?"

"Things got really messed up when she showed up. That's why I'm calling, actually. I was kinda hoping she called you and you could tell me what she's doing or what she's planning to do today. I couldn't contact her." I explained. "Oh Lord. I'm so worried right now."

"Fine. I won't ask you what happened, but I'm getting the feeling that you did something to hurt her and I'm pissed at you for that. But since you mentioned that you couldn't contact her, I am certainly finding ways to find her. I will help you find her but if I find out what you did and if it dissatisfies me, you're on your own." She said in a very threatening manner.

"Thanks Rose," I said. "I can actually tell you the whole thing right now but are you up for story telling at three in the morning?"

"Nope. Spare me some sleep."

"Alright." I said. "Thanks Rose. I'll notify you immediately when I find her, and I'm sorry again for calling you at this hour."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, shoo. I'm gonna do some investigation immediately." Then she cut the line.

Oh God, Michelle. Where are you?

***

7:00 AM

Petite Michelle

Offline

Me: Michelle.

Me: Please.

Call to Petite Michelle, no answer.

Me: I can't contact you. I need to talk to you. Please. Michelle. I'm dying here.

Call to Petite Michelle, no answer.

Me: Michelle, please.

Call to Petite Michelle, no answer.

Me: Michelle.

Me: I love you.

Call to Petite Michelle, no answer.