A prison

Credit to @connster06 for giving me this prison idea. A true life saver she is. Also check out my new fanfiction about the suits cast as spies.

-------

He lay awake next to a sleeping Rachel, the events of his last night in prison still replays in his mind. The notion in his head that he could possibly die, never seeing Rachel, or Harvey, or Donna, Jessica, or hell even Louis ever again. The fear was unshakable, he needed a distraction, but where could one possibly go this late at night. After crossing off a bar or a nightclub, Mike settled on just going to the kitchen and looking out the window.

------

He sat on the bench beneath the window, the side of his forehead resting on the cold glass of their apartment. He didn't turn on any lights in hopes of not waking up Rachel. He didn't want to have to burden her with his problems, heck, she didn't even know that he was almost killed in there, and she never will.  Truth is, he didn't want to bring it up to anyone, he just wanted to bury it deep in the back of his head and forget about Gallo's snarl as he tried to stab him.

In the darkness of the apartment, he could almost make out his silhouette, his hand holding a knife, his footsteps coming towards him. He could feel his heart rate go a mile a minute, and could vaguely hear himself screaming for the shadow to get away, but he wasn't sure if it was in his head. The arm raised the knife, and a disembodied voice sounded in his head.

"Mike what the hell? Are you alright?" Mike finally opened his eyes, the 'harsh' lights in the kitchen making him squint. He could make out Rachel wrapped in sheets in his impaired vision. 

Mike didn't answer still reeling from his latest 'nightmare', which made Rachel worry even more. She walked over to where he was sitting, she placed her warm palm on his cheek. He looked to be on the verge of crying as his breathing was unstable, and he peered out the window to avoid Rachel's concerned gaze. She stroked his cheek with her thumb and sighed deciding not to  press any further... yet. "Hey Mike, let's get back to bed." She said softly. He nodded solemnly.

They both got up and walked back to bed, Rachel's arm around Mike's waist. To her Mike looked pretty shaken up  about something he wasn't telling her, but right now he needed supportive Rachel, not detective Rachel. They cuddled in the bed, and Mike calmed knowing that Rachel was there by his side.

------

Thanks for reading! This isn't over yet, it's just that I haven't posted in a while so I had to give the people something. Hope you all liked!