New Years Kiss

This could either be the stupidest plan he even came up with, or the most genius thing he's done yet.

Getting a New Year's kiss from Rachel wasn't the hardest part of the night; sans him coming to the bar they were hanging out at with no date and her coming with some random guy from the IT department.

It really was surprisingly easy. Mike took a shot for confidence five minutes before the ball dropped, then suggested to Harvey that they should ditch the bar and go to Time's Square since it was close by.

Thankfully, Donna agreed profusely and Harvey had no choice but to agree as well. He then went over to Rachel and her date, who had gone up to the bar to get more drinks.

The music was louder up here, so Mike had to lean into Rachel she could hear what he was saying. She smelled like lavender, and the alcohol almost made him tell her that but he restrained himself.

Her eyes seemed to light up even more than usual when he said so. They were in their own world for a few seconds as they stared at each other, then her date interrupted.

Mike almost jumped for joy and did a victory dance when her date said that he can't go because of some bullshit reason. If Mike had a chance, which he now does, to get a kiss from Rachel there weren't many things that could hinder that.

From that point everything was a blur, he thinks that's when the shot kicked in. The only thing he remembers before that kiss, was the smile on Rachel's face as she started counting down. He couldn't stop staring at her for those 60 seconds, maybe even longer if he could remember.

He could hear everyone saying happy new year. But the only thing that mattered was her right in front of him.

"Happy New Year!" They said at the same time. They laughed it off. And looked at each other again, and Mike felt warm, even for a cold day.

Then she kissed him. The warm palms of her hand pressed into his cold cheeks, pulling him closer to her. Mike hugged her waist and kissed her back with as much fervour. Her lips tasted like Apple martinis, and a slight hint of mint, yet so very Rachel.

The kiss sobered him up, then made him intoxicated all over again. Mike didn't know how long it lasted, but when he pulled away he was a happy man. The smile on Rachel's face told him she didn't regret it either.

Now two days later, Mike took Harvey's stupid advice and lets the girl come to him. This is his brilliant plan that Mike is not convinced will work. Every hour, he's about to change his mind and go to her place and apologise. Then he remembers which one of them, between Harvey and Mike, has a girlfriend.

He was on the verge of changing his mind again when there was a knock on the door. Mike bounds toward the door in two steps and without even waiting until the door fully opened he begins talking.

"Look Rachel, I'm so sorry that I didn't go to you sooner, it was actually a really funny piece of advi—"

She cuts him off with yet another kiss. Rachel walks them back into the apartment and kicks the door shut. Mike presses her against the door.

"Hi," He breaths heavily.

"Hi," She replies, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. He watches as blush rose from her chest all the way to her cheeks, bright under her brown skin. "I wanted to do that while we were sober, to make sure that it was as good as I remembered."

"Did I live up to your expectations?" Mike says as he drops his lips to her cheek. He follows the path of the redness very leisurely as he listens to her.

"So much better." He could hear the smile in voice.

"What do you say I raise your expectations of something else?"

He lifts her and carries them over to his bed, sitting down.

"I wouldn't be opposed," Rachel says before taking off her sweater.

So maybe his plan did work. So much better than he thought it would.

———————

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And thank you for reading, also so sorry that I haven't updated in a while.

Feel free to leave prompts!!