Cheaters (Markings pt.3)

A/N: This is loosely related to the actual thing

"Everytime I'm with her I feel like I'm cheating on you."

That was the line that really did it. It all started when Mike had gotten tired of her constant shooting down of his asking her to go on a date. Even after they have been friends with benefits.

He came to her one day saying he had found someone. That he was going to break things off. She agreed to those terms, willing to move on.

Then he came knocking at her door three weeks later. It was late and he explained that he was in the area and just wanted to check in. She should've have known it was a bad idea from the start.

A good bye turned into a hug, and a hug turned into awkward silence before he kissed her hard on the lips. She should've have stopped it, but she also didn't want to.

Afterward it was labelled a mistake through uneven breaths and he promised that it won't happen again.

---------

He tried to steady his breaths as he stared at the ceiling, and he wondered what Rachel would be doing this exact moment.

"What are you thinking about?" A soft shaky voice said beside him. He turned to face her.

"You," Lies. He's been doing that a lot lately. His arm came to wrap around her waist, and pulled her closer so he could kiss her. There's no urge to take his lips around her body, to gently bite marks on her skin. Nothing. But there was no turning back. He is six months too late for that. He does love her but...

Rachel's always a phone call away.

---------
3 months prior....

It happened again. Mike's lips were on hers with no seeming intent to stop. It was as though they were desperate. He came to her office asking if they could go to a new bar that opened a block or two away.

She hesitated to reply but said "What the hell? It's a Friday." Though things were still a little awkward they got through it by just letting it hang in the air and wait for it's statute of limitations to run out.

Friendly drinks turned into a "Let get back to our apartments before we forget where we live." A cab ride home turned into a kiss at her doorstep. Against her own door, in her own apartment. His lips on her neck.

She wouldn't lie and say she didn't miss Mike, but this is wrong. "Mike," She sounded. His grip on her waist tightened. "Mike stop."

His head shot up, alertness in his eyes. It was almost as though he didn't hear her the first time. "Am I hurting you?" His grip loosened.

"No, no," Relief filled his eyes. "I just- don't you think this is wrong?"

He kissed her cheek and trailed his lips to her ear. "It's fine. Do you want me to stop?" Though the question sounded genuine, his lips tried to persuade her decision.

"No," She gasped.

---------
Later that same night...

"Hey Mike where were you?" Melissa asked him when he came through the door.

He was still reminiscing about Rachel, so her sudden voice pulled him out of his stupor.

"I was out looking for the best Thai in New York." He pulled a brown bag from behind him, and smiled sheepishly when she lit up.

"Oh Mike thank you," She hugged him, her hands flitted over where Rachel's nail dug into him.
---------

Mike pulled her on top of him, pressing her down on his groin, making both of them moan. She unbuttoned his shirt distractedly while she targeted his swollen lips.